skid plates aluminum or plastic

H

Hondamike

Mar 1, 2016
Fort Myers FL
i have always used aluminum plates but most now seem to be plastic . I have never hurt my aluminum plates but if plastic is better that is what I will get. Swamp ride
mainly cypress stumps are what i need protection from,

Reactions: Biteme and JenElio
highpocket74

highpocket74

Vendor
Jul 2, 2019
Kinder, Louisiana
www.10-80dirtsports.com
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
The way I see it, once bent the aluminum stays bent. Plastic will take a hit and return to shape. My father-in-law sells and installs UHMW dump truck bedliners. For years we have cut these to fit our ATVs and they work great. It's super slick like Teflon to slide over obstacles and very durable.

highpocket74

highpocket74

Vendor
Jul 2, 2019
Kinder, Louisiana
www.10-80dirtsports.com
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
I made these a-arm guards for my talon out of 3/16” bedliner. With a little heat the plastic easily bends to shape. We didn’t have any black material.

099FA978 C03F 4864 A498 788431D46B11

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!