P700 Slow 700 problems

A

A Hornsby

Apr 14, 2021
Ohio
Ownership

1. 700-4
Hi guys first post I just got my 700 from my dad he was ready for something smaller and more yard friendly ago I bought him a carryall and we traded. The issue is my dad bought this used and never ran faster then 2nd gear. So today I go to run over to a buddy's and realize it won't shift out of 2nd till I would let off some then it maxed out at 33mph so when I get time I'm going to start looking things over for an issue but was wondering if you all had any suggestions as where to start? Thanks

BillEwing

BillEwing

Apr 10, 2019
kingston springs tn
Ownership

1. 700-4
Hi guys first post I just got my 700 from my dad he was ready for something smaller and more yard friendly ago I bought him a carryall and we traded. The issue is my dad bought this used and never ran faster then 2nd gear. So today I go to run over to a buddy's and realize it won't shift out of 2nd till I would let off some then it maxed out at 33mph so when I get time I'm going to start looking things over for an issue but was wondering if you all had any suggestions as where to start? Thanks

Check the oil level sounds like it could be low. The transmission shifting lubrication is the same reservoir as your engine oil. It should be full or a little high. See the owners manual for details.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

ByronM

ByronM

Lifetime Member
Aug 9, 2016
St Charles, Il
Ownership

1. 700-4
Is it actually starting in 1 st and can you feel the shift into 2nd? Limp mode starts out in 2nd and stays there.

Reactions: Mudwing
A

A Hornsby

Apr 14, 2021
Ohio
Ownership

1. 700-4
Is it actually starting in 1 st and can you feel the shift into 2nd? Limp mode starts out in 2nd and stays there.
It is I double checked it was shifting and you could feel the 1-2 shift

500oneer

500oneer

15,000 mile club
Lifetime Member
Aug 30, 2014
Central PA
Ownership

1. 500
Bad camshaft is my guess. I replaced 3 of them in my rincon 680.

ByronM

ByronM

Lifetime Member
Aug 9, 2016
St Charles, Il
Ownership

1. 700-4
Cam shaft is certainly a possibility, also pull the exhaust tip and look inside the muffler for a broken baffle that is blocking the exhaust flow. How many miles? Has the valve clearance been checked? How about the air filter?

Farmer

Farmer

🚜🔨🚛🔧
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 22, 2014
Southern MO
Ownership

1. 700-2
If it's the cam...it will get worse sooner than later... until it will hardly move itself.

Reactions: 500oneer

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!