P700 Small And Short Vent Hose???

P

PolkaJoe

Nov 5, 2017
NEPA
Ownership

1. 700-4
I'm adding this here because my original post in a different thread led to this question.

I was installing a new Trail Armor kit on my machine and came across a "vent hose" which I have no idea what it's purpose is. I believe it is off of the oil pump (I could be wrong), it comes out and makes a sloping turn for the ground. It's very short and is obviously supposed to be some kind of vent or drain I guess. I had no idea it was there until I pulled the old plates, it was sitting right above, or on top of, the old center (metal) plate. Pressure relief? Temperature relief? .... I have no idea. It's stock ... my machine is only 5 months old.

Thanks in advance for any help, I appreciate it.

DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
It's the drain tube for The water pump weep hole. The hole is designed to let a failing seal leak to the outside world rather than contaminate the engine oil (or vice versa) under worst case scenario. It MUST be vented and allowed to drain, though some put a catch bottle and keep an eye on it while routing a vent up high, as mud has been known to help eat the seal.

It also alerts you if the pump is going out with a puddle where you otherwise might not notice.

Reactions: jinx and PolkaJoe
P

PolkaJoe

Nov 5, 2017
NEPA
Ownership

1. 700-4
Makes sense, thank you DG Rider. I greatly appreciate you taking the time to respond and explain.

Reactions: DG Rider
DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
Makes sense, thank you DG Rider. I greatly appreciate you taking the time to respond and explain.
You're welcome. I'm sure there would be pressure changes it helps relieve as well.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!