P1000 Small Aux light mounted on hood?

Jimmyscoin

Jimmyscoin

Nov 27, 2016
Fairbanks, alaska
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have searched the forum but can not find what I'm looking for. I'm looking to mount small light pods to the bolt that is on the fixed part of the hood up by the windshield. Has anyone done this? If so, did you have to fab a bracket or were you able to buy one? Thanks.

J

JTW

Like this??

@joeymt33
IMG 2228 IMG 2227
@PioneerPete
IMG 2225

Reactions: joeymt33
PioneerPete

PioneerPete

Lifetime Member
Jan 3, 2016
Chattanooga, TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Exactly like that. I want to face mine forward but that's exactly where I want to put them. How did you do that??
Like JT said, I removed the existing fender bolt, took it to Oreilleys and got a longer one to stick through the light mounting bracket.

Reactions: JTW and sharp
J

Jeffro

Jun 20, 2016
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Yeah, I did the same thanks to the idea from guys on this forum. Just got longer bolts and used the brackets that came with the lights. I also got some rubber washers to put under the bracket to protect the plastic.

Jimmyscoin

Jimmyscoin

Nov 27, 2016
Fairbanks, alaska
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Anybody happen to remember the bolt size for Jimmy?
I can figure that part out. I'm glad someone mentioned the rubber washer under the bracket because that was one of my concerns. When you face the light forward in the bracket that it came with it does not sit perfectly flush on the plastic so I was worried about rubbing a hole in it overtime. Thanks a lot for the info guys.

advertisement
Jimmyscoin

Jimmyscoin

Nov 27, 2016
Fairbanks, alaska
Ownership

1. 1000-5

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!