P1000 Snorkel Prep

Manwell

Manwell

Lifetime Member
Jul 12, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Started prepping for my snorkel addition today... Both transaxles, engine, fuel tank and radiator fan all venting up near the roof at this point. ROPS behind the passenger seat is the location I choose to gain elevation! With tubing, variety of fittings and a bit of work I terminated the vents into a single tube. Looks good and I'm pleased with the end result. I have all the parts and pieces to do a snorkel through the hood; all I need now is the time!

Last edited:
joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Here is a list of items that can be snorkeled. I'll post for those who have not seen the other threads but stumble upon this one.

1: air intake
2: front diff
3: rear diff
4: fuel tank
5: sub transmission
6: radiator fan motor
7: rear diff cable adjustment box

"DGann"....I hammer down one time and break something and joeymt33 don't let me forget it!!!!!

ghost

ghost

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2015
BC
I combined all mine into a single line except the fuel. Fuel goes up the other side. I'm not sure if gas fumes could have an effect on anything else- especially the fan.
Maybe it doesnt make a diff (pun) but thats what i did.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Here is a list of items that can be snorkeled. I'll post for those who have not seen the other threads but stumble upon this one.

"DGann"....I hammer down one time and break something and joeymt33 don't let me forget it!!!!!
How bout riders? HA!

Reactions: sharp and joeymt33
J

Jpred1

Mar 25, 2017
Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I haven't done mine yet , but I have snorkrled other sxs . I'm assuming the crankcase vent must already be ran into Breather box since no one has mentioned it.

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I haven't done mine yet , but I have snorkrled other sxs . I'm assuming the crankcase vent must already be ran into Breather box since no one has mentioned it.

That is correct. Good to mention it, thank you.

Reactions: sharp and JTW
J

Jshell3

Thank you. I fall into that category!

Reactions: joeymt33
sugarray

sugarray

Is this a game show?
Lifetime Member
Feb 17, 2016
WV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Rear diff cable box, is that on the drivers side, rear floor?

Reactions: sharp
advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!