P1000 Dealer prep

ODAMO

ODAMO

Oct 12, 2018
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
The dealers have no problem charging us for delivery and prep. What exactly do we get for that money?
Does anyone have the checklist or prep procedure to see how these units arrive at the dealer and what all they are required to do to ready it for sale?

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
The dealers have no problem charging us for delivery and prep. What exactly do we get for that money?
Does anyone have the checklist or prep procedure to see how these units arrive at the dealer and what all they are required to do to ready it for sale?
Nothing new man. Your preaching to the choir. Theres threads longer than the ancient scrolls on here about this.

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Normally this $1000+ fee will get you a few loose bolts and a crooked sterling wheel, maybe no sub transmission oil if your lucky.
Lol..

But I would check.
Alingement best you can by eye.
Steering wheel on stright.
ROPS bolts tight. But hard to tell there.
Headlights leveled.
Oil levels where it should be.
Diff adjustment sound like one too.

But... honestly, I'd want to fix all that myself CORRECRLY.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

Jankyeye

Jankyeye

Lifetime Member
Dec 17, 2021
Tampa, Fl.
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I actually got to see my unit before it was “prepped”. It was in an 85% assembled condition. Assuming they charge $100-110 an hour labor, I doubt it took the 10 hours to finish the job and check fluids. So unless it ships without fluid it is a crock.

ODAMO

ODAMO

Oct 12, 2018
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Normally this $1000+ fee will get you a few loose bolts and a crooked sterling wheel, maybe no sub transmission oil if your lucky.
Lol..

But I would check.
Alingement best you can by eye.
Steering wheel on stright.
ROPS bolts tight. But hard to tell there.
Headlights leveled.
Oil levels where it should be.
Diff adjustment sound like one too.

But... honestly, I'd want to fix all that myself CORRECRLY.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk
If you want somethin done right.....
On my headlights the adjusting screws were not even under tension against the springs, And there was no fuse in the panel. When I picked it up the sales man even flicked the lights on to show me how the switch operated, LMAO daylight plus I was in the cab so couldnt see the lights NOT come on.

Reactions: Backwoods
Scoop

Scoop

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
Here's a few pics of my 2021 Deluxe as soon as it arrived (no prep performed yet). Best I can tell, they had to install the front bumper and not much more. I forget what was in that larger box behind the bumper, though - it might have just been a box to hold the bumper from banging around during transportation.

That said, they are supposed to do all the normal pre-delivery stuff (fluids, checking nuts and bolts to make sure the factory didn't forget to do something right, etc.), so I'm sure there's more to it than just installing a couple of bits. Note that I said SUPPOSED to do.

Unlike what @Hondasxs said, all the quotes for dealer prep I was getting (when I was shopping around) were around $400, not $1000.

When I finally found what I was looking for, my dealership did not charge a dime for dealer prep, transportation/freight, doc fees or anything else. All they charged me was Honday MSRP price for the 2021 Deluxe Camo P1K5 ($19,099) plus $11 for the title plus MI 6% sales tax. That's it.

1000 5 11000 5 2

Phantomhunter1

Phantomhunter1

Mar 2, 2021
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Here's a few pics of my 2021 Deluxe as soon as it arrived (no prep performed yet). Best I can tell, they had to install the front bumper and not much more. I forget what was in that larger box behind the bumper, though - it might have just been a box to hold the bumper from banging around during transportation.

That said, they are supposed to do all the normal pre-delivery stuff (fluids, checking nuts and bolts to make sure the factory didn't forget to do something right, etc.), so I'm sure there's more to it than just installing a couple of bits. Note that I said SUPPOSED to do.

Unlike what @Hondasxs said, all the quotes for dealer prep I was getting (when I was shopping around) were around $400, not $1000.

When I finally found what I was looking for, my dealership did not charge a dime for dealer prep, transportation/freight, doc fees or anything else. All they charged me was Honday MSRP price for the 2021 Deluxe Camo P1K5 ($19,099) plus $11 for the title plus MI 6% sales tax. That's it.

View attachment 350497View attachment 350498

If I remember correctly the window nets were in the box behind the bumper. I also have a few pics of mine when it rolled off of the truck. Definitely check the fluids. My sub-trans was 6 or 8 oz low. Everything else was fine. Cables were adjusted properly as well.

20210415 182856

Reactions: Backwoods and Scoop
advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!