P1000 Anything I should have the dealer square up prior to delivery?

BajaNicky

BajaNicky

Jan 5, 2019
Bay Area/East Cape, Baja Sur/Hutchinson Isl., FL
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Wanted to see your thoughts...Just picked up a lightly used 2018 P1000-5 LE from a dealership in AZ, machine has 77 hrs and looks pristine, old lady owned . The rig will be at the dealership for the next couple weeks before she heads south to her new home in Baja. Aside from any pending recalls and fresh fluids, do you guys recommend they do anything specific? We are just looking for some solid, trouble free motoring and we will be in a fairly remote location as far as service centers go. After reading through this forum, the one thing that jumped out to me was the overheating/coolant burping issues. Seems like people that have these issues tend to have them sporadically and kind of inconsistent. I know issues on a rpr forum can seem overblown volume wise as people come running when they have issues. Just wondering how common the overheating issues really are? Think maybe 10% of owners on here are seeing these issues? higher/lower?? Thx

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Overheating seems to be the only issue currently. Other the than the occasional overlook here or there by the dealer or the factory.

Overheating will be tough to check at the dealer. Everything else should be good on a new 2018 unit. Maybe make sure it's full while cold and overflow is at proper level.

Well.
Congrulations on your purchase.
Rule is... pics or it didnt happen.

Thanks.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

BajaNicky

BajaNicky

Jan 5, 2019
Bay Area/East Cape, Baja Sur/Hutchinson Isl., FL
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Overheating seems to be the only issue currently. Other the than the occasional overlook here or there by the dealer or the factory.

Overheating will be tough to check at the dealer. Everything else should be good on a new 2018 unit. Maybe make sure it's full while cold and overflow is at proper level.

Well.
Congrulations on your purchase.
Rule is... pics or it didnt happen.

Thanks.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Thanks! Pics up in the intro forum, have yet to meet her in person yet though...

Reactions: sharp
alloutdoors

alloutdoors

Jan 21, 2018
US
Ownership

1. 500

2. 700-4

3. Do not currently own
Congrats o the purchase. As for the radiator, and if comfortable, you could burp the radiator to ensure no air. This video will give you a quide on the basics and there are many out there

Reactions: BajaNicky and sharp
Cuoutdoors

Cuoutdoors

Executive Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2016
Central Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Congrats. You should be pretty well set with a 2018. I think you'll enjoy that LE, I love mine. I would ask them to check and adjust the front alignment. It is off on nearly every pioneer 1000 that's been made. Saves you the hassle.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

alloutdoors

alloutdoors

Jan 21, 2018
US
Ownership

1. 500

2. 700-4

3. Do not currently own
Be sure to post some pictures

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!