P1000 Snow drifts and a Transmission that will not Shift into Park, stuck in gear.

NickN

NickN

Dec 7, 2019
Boulder Colorado
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Taking the Seat and rubber Seat liner off revealed the issue, the Cotter pin holding the Shift Linkage to the tranny is missing. Not sure how that could have happened but should be a simple fix, thanks everyone for the advice.

20211223 093035

P1K5Dave

P1K5Dave

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jul 11, 2020
Petoskey, MI
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The box your referring to has no cables from the sub trans going to it.
The 2 cables from the selector in the cab go to the sub trans for gear selection and the other to the rear box. That cable shifts the differential into 2wd Lock when in park.
Ok, thanks for the clarification. I couldn't remember how it looked when I did my subtrans.

And good to see your problem readily visible Nick, that's always a good thing!

Take the opportunity to do all the adjustments whille you're here, it's always a good idea.

Reactions: Smitty335
WagginTail

WagginTail

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Oct 13, 2020
SC
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Nice. Always a great feeling when you're expecting the worst and it's something simple instead

Reactions: Smitty335
lee

lee

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 4, 2013
Springfield Ohio
Ownership

1. 500
@NickN there is a little plastic hat shaped bushing that fits between the cable end and the sub trans shift lever.
Also a washer between the split pin and the cable end.
See the image.

With out the bushing the shift lever will have too much free play and bad things can happen to the sub trans (not fully engaging a gear and the dog clutch breaking).

Screenshot 20211223 193315

Who knows you might find the parts floating around on the skid plate (the day after the new parts arrive in the mail).

NickN

NickN

Dec 7, 2019
Boulder Colorado
Ownership

1. 1000-5
@NickN there is a little plastic hat shaped bushing that fits between the cable end and the sub trans shift lever.
Also a washer between the split pin and the cable end.
See the image.

With out the bushing the shift lever will have too much free play and bad things can happen to the sub trans (not fully engaging a gear and the dog clutch breaking).

View attachment 310181

Who knows you might find the parts floating around on the skid plate (the day after the new parts arrive in the mail).
I had no idea, I'll get the bushing and washer on order, thanks for that.

Reactions: JACKAL and TxDoc

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!