Snow plow dilemma for Alaskan folk

P

Proxima3003

Jul 14, 2019
AK
Ownership

1. 700-4
First time caller, long time listener. I live north of Anchorage and was just wondering if there are any local members on this forum. Trying to get some info on a plow for my Honda. Just got an email from motoalliance and they won't ship the Denali plow up here. Are there any other good brands that do? Is KFI any good?

Also wanted to give a shout out to the owner of this site, he has bent over backwards to get a winch/mount out to me earlier in the year,

Thanks for any info.

Cuoutdoors

Cuoutdoors

Executive Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2016
Central Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3
First time caller, long time listener. I live north of Anchorage and was just wondering if there are any local members on this forum. Trying to get some info on a plow for my Honda. Just got an email from motoalliance and they won't ship the Denali plow up here. Are there any other good brands that do? Is KFI any good?

Also wanted to give a shout out to the owner of this site, he has bent over backwards to get a winch/mount out to me earlier in the year,

Thanks for any info.

Can @Hondasxs ship you one?

Reactions: TxDoc
P

Proxima3003

Jul 14, 2019
AK
Ownership

1. 700-4
Just an update for anyone stuck in the same situation. I ended up going with the KFI system (I really wanted the Denali, but gotta take what you can get). Ordered the tubes and mount on Amazon, free shipping (how the heck that works, idk). Ordered the 66" blade on Amazon as well. It sat without getting shipped for weeks until I finally canceled the order. Ended up ordering through a local KFI dealer (they have a list on their site). Took about 15 days to truck it up here, about $50 for shipping.

IMG 0246
IMG 0245

Buggyman

Buggyman

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 3, 2020
ne. ohio
Ownership

1. 700-2
Just an update for anyone stuck in the same situation. I ended up going with the KFI system (I really wanted the Denali, but gotta take what you can get). Ordered the tubes and mount on Amazon, free shipping (how the heck that works, idk). Ordered the 66" blade on Amazon as well. It sat without getting shipped for weeks until I finally canceled the order. Ended up ordering through a local KFI dealer (they have a list on their site). Took about 15 days to truck it up here, about $50 for shipping.

View attachment 238910View attachment 238911
I have KFI no problems

Reactions: ChadD and Mudwing
Dangb1

Dangb1

Oct 25, 2020
Ogema Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 700-2
I have had two KFI plows and have had no problems with either, in fact when I bought my 2019 700D the plow the Honda dealer sold me was a KFI set up.

Reactions: ChadD
E

EdsSideXSide

Dec 24, 2020
Alaska
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I had a similar problem finding a plow for my Arctic Cat a couple of years ago. I ended up calling Alaska Snow Machine Salvage. They were able to order one and have it put in their regular shipment - took about three weeks for delivery. I see that you solved your problem but for anyone else, here's a link - Information Links....... don't know if they can help for SxS plows. I'd be surprised if they cannot. I've good luck with them for all my toys.

de.

Reactions: ChadD
Plumber32

Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5

View attachment 238910View attachment 238911
I've got the same unit. Works great. Just don't run into frozen stuff that won't budge. They don't like that.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!