P1000 So has anyone got a 1000 road legal in NC?

N

NoBodyImportant

May 7, 2020
Nc
Ownership

1. 700-4
What did you have to do? How did you get around the parking break clause. Nobody at the tag office can help has they have only been Legal for a week or two now. Will the hillbilly break meet the legal standard?

N

NoBodyImportant

May 7, 2020
Nc
Ownership

1. 700-4
I have a 700 right now and I’m trying to decide if I want to upgrade

Reactions: Lady01
Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
So.. for the parking brake. Your inspection place helps you with this and will approve you. The law says you need a parking brake. Not a emergency brake. There is not state definition for "parking brake" that we have found.
Therefor. Hillybilly Brake will work for now until the law gets updated.

Lock it down.
Put it in natural.
And demonstrate how the parking brake is engaged.

Really.
All you inspection buddy needs to do is check the box on the paperwork. Lol.

Many have been approved thanks to Hillbilly Brake.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

R

Red21

Aug 9, 2021
sioux falls, sd
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Here in SD, all that is needed is front and rear lights, a rearview mirror and a horn. I'm not sure what constitutes a horn. One of those with a rubber bulb that you can squeeze?

T

tjordan243

Oct 15, 2019
North Carolina
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Interested in this as well. Trying to get an idea of yearly cost, such as tax, tags insurance etc. to see if I will get mine street legal when it comes in. Do we have to pay vehicle use tax upon registration on top of the sales tax at the time of purchase?

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
A note has came down saying MU's do NOT have to pay the HUT tax.
C077a3833fb9a0247019fc935a0d3580

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

M

man00

Nov 25, 2021
Eastern Ok
Where I live you need..windshield, turn signals, reflectors, tag, tag lights, rear view mirror, two side mirrors, horn, insurance, seat belts. and must run at least 45mph, parking brake...not sure on windshield wipers. Cop said be ready to get pulled over and have the AVT/RTV checked over a few times

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!