P1000 Soft top for 3 seater?

T

treeguy27

Sep 27, 2020
Mo
I'm considering a soft top for my new '22 1K Deluxe. I've seen the Honda bimini top but curious if there are any other options out there? I like the idea of the Alienshade type of sun screen. They make one for the 5 seater but don't seem to have one for the three seater. I've searched around but can't seem to find many options for the 3 seater. Anyone have a soft top on theirs?

Tramguage1

Tramguage1

Texan
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 2, 2015
Somereset, Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Alien only built 2 of the 3 seat version, I have one of the 2 prototypes in red. If your interested message me and we can discuss.

JenElio

JenElio

NTC's NoMo Chupacabra Caliente!!....
Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2019
Loxahatchee, florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
I'm considering a soft top for my new '22 1K Deluxe. I've seen the Honda bimini top but curious if there are any other options out there? I like the idea of the Alienshade type of sun screen. They make one for the 5 seater but don't seem to have one for the three seater. I've searched around but can't seem to find many options for the 3 seater. Anyone have a soft top on theirs?
I think @Mopower58 has a P1K5 shade roof on his P1K3 and uses the excess as a rear screen also. He can post a pic.

Good luck 👍

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Alien only built 2 of the 3 seat version, I have one of the 2 prototypes in red. If your interested message me and we can discuss.
☝️ ☝️☝️☝️THIS ☝️☝️☝️☝️

Tram will hook you up!
Alien shade is the way to go!

Mopower58

Mopower58

CST is the Best!
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 10, 2017
Crystal Springs,Ms.
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I have a red Alien Shade built for a P1K5 and I love it. It trailers great and is very nice when riding,but if it rains you will get wet.
IMG 0341

Mopower58

Mopower58

CST is the Best!
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 10, 2017
Crystal Springs,Ms.
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Sorry about the previous picture. It didn’t show the whole roof. I have had mine on for over 5 years and no problem so far. Here is a better pic.
2D876D09 6FCF 4E8E AD11 EBCB2A7DD2AB

T

treeguy27

Sep 27, 2020
Mo
Thanks for the info. I'm surprised there aren't more options out there for the 3 seater. The P1K5 alienshade looks good. I'm unsure if I'd like having the rear covered or not. I honestly haven't put in enough seat time on the machine to know for sure.

Tram, If that was a black top I'd definitely hit you up. Not sure red would would look great on my green machine.

Reactions: Tramguage1
Mopower58

Mopower58

CST is the Best!
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 10, 2017
Crystal Springs,Ms.
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Thanks for the info. I'm surprised there aren't more options out there for the 3 seater. The P1K5 alienshade looks good. I'm unsure if I'd like having the rear covered or not. I honestly haven't put in enough seat time on the machine to know for sure.

Tram, If that was a black top I'd definitely hit you up. Not sure red would would look great on my green machine.
I have thought about doubling up on the top of mine and buying a flag to drop down the back. I agree Black would look better with the green.

Reactions: JenElio
T

treeguy27

Sep 27, 2020
Mo
Just a follow up. I ended up making my own sun shade top. I went down an Amazon rabbit hole while searching for a sun shade top. Amazon started showing me shade tops for Jeeps and Broncos as well. I started looking at them and paying attention to sizes for the different models. I ended up finding a Chinese top for a new Bronco that was pretty close in size to 3 seat roof for $12.99. For that price it was worth buying and seeing what I could do with it. It wasn't going to be a direct fit, but there was enough of the material that I was able to use my wife's sewing machine and make what I needed.
I bought a 25' length of 1/4" black bungee cord and a Harbor Freight grommet kit and spent a few hours putting it together. It's not perfect by any means, but it's a pretty good test unit to see how I like it.

IMG 3733

IMG 3731

The material probably isn't the best sun shade material out there. The holes might be bigger than the Alien Shade, but I don't have anything else to compare it to. I did see an Alien shade top for the same Bronco for 30 bucks. If I really like this top I might make one out of that material later. All told I probably have 40 bucks in this one.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!