BOX1

P700 Soft top or hard top ?

Superfan75

Superfan75

Jul 16, 2017
Vermont
Ownership

1. 700-4
I have a hard top now but its sort of noisy and it makes the 700 even taller. I'd like to do a mild 2" lift, but with the hard it wouldn't fit through the garage door. How good is the soft top and are there any worries about trailering with them. Also the trails I ride tend to have a lot of branches rubbing on the roof so I don't know how the soft top would hold up to that. The only other thing I can think of is to lower my hard top. It looks like I could drill some hole in the center brackets and the roof in the back and lower it an inch. That might be enough to allow me to run a 2" lift and still get through the door. I think Honda made the roll cage a little taller than they needed to. LOL.

swsebek

swsebek

Red,White And Blue Collar Soul
Lifetime Member
May 4, 2014
pa
Ownership

1. 700-4
I have a hard top now but its sort of noisy and it makes the 700 even taller. I'd like to do a mild 2" lift, but with the hard it wouldn't fit through the garage door. How good is the soft top and are there any worries about trailering with them. Also the trails I ride tend to have a lot of branches rubbing on the roof so I don't know how the soft top would hold up to that. The only other thing I can think of is to lower my hard top. It looks like I could drill some hole in the center brackets and the roof in the back and lower it an inch. That might be enough to allow me to run a 2" lift and still get through the door. I think Honda made the roll cage a little taller than they needed to. LOL.
I say it over and over so I waited a while to answer your post.
The soft top is tuff as nails. I thought I would have shredded it by now..... it doesn't get hot in sun, It hasn't faded yet,It doesn't resonate sound and it smushes down when you go under stuff your too tall for.... I ripped a hole in it cause I had a bungee hanging in the wrong place on my shed and it tore.... I went to Walmart and got Iron ons and Fixed it with an Iron......
If it's too hot just comes right off and Stowe's away behind seat... 2 minutes to remove maybe 3 to put back on....140 bucks is worth a try I think.
Also take off throw is washing machine all clean.....

Last edited:
Superfan75

Superfan75

Jul 16, 2017
Vermont
Ownership

1. 700-4
Hmm maybe I should've gotten one of those instead. I may have to give one a try. I don't know why Honda made the hard top sit up so high above the roll cage on an already tall machine. I would have plenty of room to do a 2" lift instead of a 1". Thanx swsebek

G

GoatWagon

Mar 8, 2018
NoCal
Ownership

1. 700-2

I just installed EMP’s aluminum hardtop and love it. Very low profile, really hugs the top of the cage, and looks good. I ordered it from Summit, got it quick, and it’s on sale. I think I paid <$250 to my gate.

Pat

Ah wait, my mistake, I just saw that you have the 4 seater. I have no idea if they make one for the 4.

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!