P700 Soft Top Trailering

M

MntGoat

Apr 27, 2018
Maine
Ownership

1. 700-4
Hi everyone, I just purchased a 700-4 and love it. I just installed a soft top, do any of you trailer with this in place? It seems very strong but I would like to hear what you all do.

Thanks

swsebek

swsebek

Red,White And Blue Collar Soul
Lifetime Member
May 4, 2014
pa
Ownership

1. 700-4
Unless you attach snaps to your window and roof. I don't recommend it... it stretches out and the back plastic clips come off and beat against the ROPS and break. It also stretches it out... But if you are only going 45mph it's ok but it looks like it's about to give birth...
First thing I would do is put silicone on the ends of the rods and rubber mounts cause they slip out and poke a hole through the top... and when you trailer it just take off and tuck away and if it's siliconed together you can leave rods in place while trailering..also if your happy where the mounting blocks are, pop them off ROPS and put a little silicone on them. Cause if you lose one you can't buy just them..

M

MntGoat

Apr 27, 2018
Maine
Ownership

1. 700-4
Thank you for the input, I will roll it up for trailer use. Also the tip about the blocks is a good one, I will do that for sure.

Reactions: swsebek
William

William

If you ain’t first, you’re last...
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
Flowood MS
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I trailered mine at 60 and it was fine. I learned not to run the rods through the roof. Wind wind catches it it will pull the rods up and make them fall out. With the rods not run through the holes in the top they stay there. On the highway I will take it off and leave rods in place. I would say under 65 is fine...

M

MntGoat

Apr 27, 2018
Maine
Ownership

1. 700-4
Well I did it anyway- I left it on for trailering with the rods in place even. Zero issues. Max speed 65 for nearly 2 hours.

Reactions: swsebek
William

William

If you ain’t first, you’re last...
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
Flowood MS
Ownership

1. 1000-5
We trailered a friends 700-4 about 300 miles To Texas with his soft top on. It didn’t lose rods till 90 mph. I wouldn’t do that to mine but at 80 it did fine... lol

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!