P500 Soft top & Windshield question

Chance135

Chance135

Jun 18, 2015
Southern Maine
Does anyone know if the honda factory soft top and rear panel combo will work with any of the aftermarket windshields? Specifically EMP's hardcoat windshield. Thanks.

rocmar

rocmar

Where Eagles & Angels....Dare to Fly...
Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
It should. ...
that's my guess

rocmar

rocmar

Where Eagles & Angels....Dare to Fly...
Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
Does anyone know if the honda factory soft top and rear panel combo will work with any of the aftermarket windshields? Specifically EMP's hardcoat windshield. Thanks.

I would save my $ ...
& just go hard top

Chance135

Chance135

Jun 18, 2015
Southern Maine
Hmm, is there any negatives to going with softop? I dont really like the way the factory hardtop adds height to an already tall rollcage. I havent seen any reviews on EMP's hardtop yet but that looks like a good alternative.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Hmm, is there any negatives to going with softop? I dont really like the way the factory hardtop adds height to an already tall rollcage. I havent seen any reviews on EMP's hardtop yet but that looks like a good alternative.
There is a hard top that doesn't add any height to the buggy, save the thickness of the top.

ehart814

ehart814

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Mar 28, 2016
NWPA
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
Not supposed to trailer it with the soft top. I have the soft top and windshield (both Honda). Got caught in a downpour once. Water leaks between the roof and windshield a little. Drips on my legs when driving. Just above my knees. I still like them, but they aren't perfect.

webby

webby

Lifetime Member
Nov 25, 2015
Philipsburg, Pa.
Ownership

1. 500
I actually prefer the soft top/rear window combo. Its really much like everything else.....Personal preference. I like the aesthetics of the soft top and I haven't had any issues with water leaking between the windshield and roof. My roof actually covers the top 3" of the windshield and the canvas runs thru a track on the windshield to prevent that from happening.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!