P1000 Soft upper door problems??

ElmerFudd

ElmerFudd

Jul 19, 2015
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Buggy has to go back to dealer for leaky heater core.
Wondering about getting soft upper doors. Saw them at a dealer, looked like they seal pretty good.
Question is can they be taken off without much trouble?? They didn't know. I looked at installation guide, didn't help much. I realize that some of the parts will stay on. Just want to be able to remove windows.

Reactions: Remington
Vikes79

Vikes79

SKOL!
Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
South Dakota
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X4 LV
Wondering about getting soft upper doors. Saw them at a dealer, looked like they seal pretty good.
Question is can they be taken off without much trouble?? They didn't know. I looked at installation guide, didn't help much. I realize that some of the parts will stay on. Just want to be able to remove windows.

Yes they remove fairly easy with the use of a Allen wrench ( I dont remember size). There is one bolt near the door latch and 2 more by the grab handle on the lower door.

It’s like a 5 min job tops. It will take longer to reinstall the nets.

Reactions: Remington
ElmerFudd

ElmerFudd

Jul 19, 2015
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Yes they remove fairly easy with the use of a Allen wrench ( I dont remember size). There is one bolt near the door latch and 2 more by the grab handle on the lower door.

It’s like a 5 min job tops. It will take longer to reinstall the nets.
Thanks for the help. Not sure what happened to the nets. Think somebody stole em.:)

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
The new improved soft doors that your looking at are far better than the ones I have. They stepped up and made a much better seal. I need to get a parts fish so I can order those parts. Like @Vikes79 said it’s about 5 min job each door to remove. Easy peasy;)

ElmerFudd

ElmerFudd

Jul 19, 2015
Ownership

1. 1000-3
The new improved soft doors that your looking at are far better than the ones I have. They stepped up and made a much better seal. I need to get a parts fish so I can order those parts. Like @Vikes79 said it’s about 5 min job each door to remove. Easy peasy;)
Thanks folks, appreciate it. I went ahead and told them to put em on. It's just money, they make more every day.

Reactions: Elkhunter
hurld

hurld

Lifetime Member
Feb 19, 2014
Or you can swap out the Allen screws for metric thump screws & no tools are required to remove the soft doors ;) Ac360ec12ba5abd7840d434c168888c8

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Reactions: ohanacreek
ElmerFudd

ElmerFudd

Jul 19, 2015
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Just some info for everyone. Dealer called me wanting to get approval to trim upper door seals to go around brackets of after market windshield. Keep in mind if you are considering these. Haven't got it back yet but will let you know how it looks.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!