P1000 Someone wants your build after blood, sweat and tears

OnTheJob

OnTheJob

Dec 29, 2017
Bristol, NY
Ownership

1. 1000-3
What would you do if someone you know, loves your set up so much, he wants you to set one up for them or sell them yours? I could upgrade to an LE...... and then really do it right.....

How do you even price one yours after all you've done? I don't know where to start between what I've got into, labor, depreciation , etc.....

He is serious but a businessman so he knows buy/sell and a friend.

Reactions: sharp
Eltobgi

Eltobgi

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 21, 2016
North Dakota
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
What would you do if someone you know, loves your set up so much, he wants you to set one up for them or sell them yours? I could upgrade to an LE...... and then really do it right.....

How do you even price one yours after all you've done? I don't know where to start between what I've got into, labor, depreciation , etc.....

He is serious but a businessman so he knows buy/sell and a friend.

Ask him to make you an offer and if it’s reasonable you will consider it.;)

dnjones161

dnjones161

May 30, 2018
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
It's about the journey right? If I had the time I'd say sell for what it would cost you to replace.

Call depreciation/labor a wash?

When it comes to a highly modded machine I don't think there's a right or wrong price- whatever makes both parties happy.

Cuoutdoors

Cuoutdoors

Executive Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2016
Central Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I'd sell that shyt in a heartbeat.

I actually built one just the way I wanted. Out of the blue a guy wanted to buy it. I gave him my price i thought was fair and he bought it on the spot.

If you called your friend and said "hey can I have $800 dollars" he would say no.

Price it the same to him as you would to anyone else. You have what he wants and the reality is he will either have to build it or buy it. You're in a good position.

I'd sell it at fair market price plus your cost in accessories.

What do you have on it and what's the price?

Here's the one I sold 21d0a2f8982bb1f6d262889388464168

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Cuoutdoors

Cuoutdoors

Executive Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2016
Central Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3
[QUOTE="OnTheJob, post: 375242, member: 9781]

I could upgrade to an LE...... and then really do it right.....

[/QUOTE]

This was my thought exactly. I bought a new LE. I love it. So glad I bought it. You always build stuff better the second time around.

dnjones161

dnjones161

May 30, 2018
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5

I actually built one just the way I wanted. Out of the blue a guy wanted to buy it. I gave him my price i thought was fair and he bought it on the spot.

If you called your friend and said "hey can I have $800 dollars" he would say no.

Price it the same to him as you would to anyone else. You have what he wants and the reality is he will either have to build it or buy it. You're in a good position.

Here's the one I soldView attachment 103961

That grill is SWEEET

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
[QUOTE="OnTheJob, post: 375242, member: 9781]

I could upgrade to an LE...... and then really do it right.....

This was my thought exactly. I bought a new LE. I love it. So glad I bought it. You always build stuff better the second time around.

Agree.
Price it good and sell.
Then pick up a Talon in April.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Last edited:
advertisement
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV

Here's the one I soldView attachment 103961

That was one of the sexiest Pioneers out there

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!