P500 Soundbars....need help

Tigermark

Tigermark

Outside looking in.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
I honestly can't answer that.. the way mine is sealed it would not be an easy thing to do. But truthfully.. it's not too bad as far as bass goes. It's much better than I thought it would be.
Yes, one of the guys on our Mulberry Ride had one, I thought it sounded great. I just didn't know if it had external jacks where you could connect a sub to it, and if so would it have enough power to operate it.

Thanks!

J

JTW

Yes, one of the guys on our Mulberry Ride had one, I thought it sounded great. I just didn't know if it had external jacks where you could connect a sub to it, and if so would it have enough power to operate it.

Thanks!
It has an auxiliary jack for additional lights.. it has two small headphone sized jacks but I'm not sure what the second is for.. one is obviously for a phone. I've noticed the orientation of the speakers facing back and toward the roof improves the perceived bass.

Reactions: Tigermark
Tigermark

Tigermark

Outside looking in.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
It has an auxiliary jack for additional lights.. it has two small headphone sized jacks but I'm not sure what the second is for.. one is obviously for a phone. I've noticed the orientation of the speakers facing back and toward the roof improves the perceived bass.
Thanks bud! I think I will get one before takeover.

J

JTW

IMG 2535 IMG 2537

Reactions: trigger and rocmar
rocmar

rocmar

Where Eagles & Angels....Dare to Fly...
Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
@JTW im thinking about getting one of these. If you hook up one of those tube bass speakers, will the sound bar have enough power to support it or would you need a separate amp?
I tried a bass kicker
Without amp..got.more
Hum...than thump
Just sayin

rocmar

rocmar

Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
Mine is set up
....to enhance..my
Music...not to
Just hear BASS....

rocmar

rocmar

Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
HaHa
Perceived Bass.....
Another way...of saying
AM raido.....

advertisement
rocmar

rocmar

Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
20170209 101812
20170209 101716
] I reviewed alot....
If adding a sub / woofer
Match your watts..or
Close to it....
Pro Armor 4 speaker
Soundbar...100 watts
Soundstream sub/woofer
..150 watts..
Now..this gave me
An enhanced sound....
Not a..... over barring Bass
Just sayin.....

Last edited:
trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Does not...will not
PRODUCE ENOUGH BASS
TO MY LIKING...
SOUNDBAR....
& just to add....
Your quick on me...sayin
Pics or it never
....happened. .
But never said that
To Montecresto. ...or LandPioneer
...when they said there windsheild
....had not ONE scratch.
Which we all no is BS

I was just busting your balls roc. First time I read 'pics or it didn't happen' was from you. So any time you post something without pics, it's my first thought. You really need to figure out how to post a video, I wanna hear that thing as I almost went that route.
You're right, soundbars lack bass terribly and I give you props for adding that shallow mount. I even opted for a better and more expensive stereo with the SSV Works and it still wasn't enough for my liking. ;)

Reactions: JTW and rocmar
trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500

That's awesome JT! I have never seen that soundbar until now. Gotta be the best one out there by the specs and Bazooka is an established name in car stereo. Looks like it might be too big for a P5 though? o_O
As for hooking up a subwoofer to that soundbar, you would need a separate amplifier or a powered sub. It has audio outputs but they are low level RCA's and not powered. That's why roc said that his kicker sub just hummed, he was sending a low volt signal to the sub, just frequency and no power. The shallow mount that he has now, has an onboard amp. :cool:
In regards to matching wattage of sub to the stereo output, sub amps are usually much higher powered than for full range speakers. The only time matching wattage comes into play is between an amp and a speaker. If a speaker can handle 75 RMS, ( rms meaning continuous power) then you try to match that with an amp that puts out close to the same. ;)
Hope I'm not coming across as a know it all, I hate those guys. Just been playing with stereos as long as I can remember and try to help guys out with what I've learned along the way. :)

rocmar

rocmar

Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
I was just busting your balls roc. First time I read 'pics or it didn't happen' was from you. So any time you post something without pics, it's my first thought. You really need to figure out how to post a video, I wanna hear that thing as I almost went that route.
You're right, soundbars lack bass terribly and I give you props for adding that shallow mount. I even opted for a better and more expensive stereo with the SSV Works and it still wasn't enough for my liking. ;)
It's not the BOMB...
but it's better...with AMP
I'm gonna finger it out...
On the video thing

Reactions: trigger
J

JTW

That's awesome JT! I have never seen that soundbar until now. Gotta be the best one out there by the specs and Bazooka is an established name in car stereo. Looks like it might be too big for a P5 though? o_O
As for hooking up a subwoofer to that soundbar, you would need a separate amplifier or a powered sub. It has audio outputs but they are low level RCA's and not powered. That's why roc said that his kicker sub just hummed, he was sending a low volt signal to the sub, just frequency and no power. The shallow mount that he has now, has an onboard amp. :cool:
In regards to matching wattage of sub to the stereo output, sub amps are usually much higher powered than for full range speakers. The only time matching wattage comes into play is between an amp and a speaker. If a speaker can handle 75 RMS, ( rms meaning continuous power) then you try to match that with an amp that puts out close to the same. ;)
Hope I'm not coming across as a know it all, I hate those guys. Just been playing with stereos as long as I can remember and try to help guys out with what I've learned along the way. :)
This info was covered in awesome sauce!!

rocmar

rocmar

Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
First song...played...after
Amp hooked up...riding
Out of the un load spot.
....ZZ TOP...
" I'M BAD...I'M NATIONWIDE"
& yes got alot of lookers
HaHa....

Reactions: 1911Man and trigger
Tigermark

Tigermark

Outside looking in.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Thanks for the info Trigger!

Reactions: trigger
rocmar

rocmar

Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
Also...the noise/ heat
Barrier. .does alot
For music...while
Driving...
Tried it...with / without

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!