Turns all sound bars
....into wat you thought you
....bought.
Don't matter how many...
Speakers in the bar you have. .
Sounds...like AM radio....
Need at least 8"bass speaker
View attachment 32426
did you build your own then or is this an addition to one you had? A sound system is on my list, but the prices of the ready to install ones scare me.

Reactions: rocmar
rocmar

rocmar

Where Eagles & Angels....Dare to Fly...
Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
did you build your own then or is this an addition to one you had? A sound system is on my list, but the prices of the ready to install ones scare me.
Yep...
4 speaker...Armor sound bar=$324.....
8"....spearker/amp..=$120
Music wise...is soundbar worth that....NO
being able to mount on rear roll bar.......yes
So...I put 2 things together...
So yeah...that's a build

rocmar

rocmar

Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
Spendy,,,
But one time deal...
Good ride...turns
Great...with tunes
Limited places to mount.....
Also..was a soundbar sell...

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
That's a fact...
Sound bars...biggest
Speaker..which they
Call...mid range...3"diameter
Does not & will not produce
....bass..
Just sayin...

A 3" can produce bass, just not much for very long. Had a buddy that hooked a couple Sony 3" up to a 100w amp once, they cranked for about 15 minutes, then never worked again. They put 6" in my SSV Works, way more money though.
You gotta figure out how to post those vid's. Check out @PistonHonda 's thread about his new camera, I wrote up a basic How To.

rocmar

rocmar

Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
A 3" can produce bass, just not much for very long. Had a buddy that hooked a couple Sony 3" up to a 100w amp once, they cranked for about 15 minutes, then never worked again. They put 6" in my SSV Works, way more money though.
You gotta figure out how to post those vid's. Check out @PistonHonda 's thread about his new camera, I wrote up a basic How To.
Hope I get help
...posted fine as a vid..
For everyone else

rocmar

rocmar

Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
If ya ain't got at least
A 8" bass spearker...
IMO...your just a
...AM sounding radio

Reactions: pFive
advertisement
trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Finishing up a room addition on the house right now so I haven't had any time to mess with the P5. Even though that's all I can think about as I'm working. Have some stuff waiting to go on and even more in my head.
One of the things I plan to do is wrap the inside of the toolbox with Dynamat. Will cut down the rattles and resonance created by the air pressure. I can shake the lid easily right now and it's adjusted real tight already. Won't make a huge difference but should add some lost thump.
Sub

Reactions: JTW and Jshell3
rocmar

rocmar

Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
Your post...proved my point
Thanks...

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Your post...proved my point
Thanks...

No, not really. A 3" set up the way it is in a soundbar will not produce much bass. Your statement was a 3" does not and will not produce bass.
Back in the '70's, Bose introduced the 901 series. Those are what put Bose on the map. It had like eight 3" and two horn tweeters in each cabinet. They were known for being unblowable. My brother had a pair and those speakers would straight up punish you, hit so hard they'd make you blink.
Like most electronics, hi fidelity is a science. All depends on the equipment and how it's configured. A 3" is capable of producing bass though.

J

JTW

No, not really. A 3" set up the way it is in a soundbar will not produce much bass. Your statement was a 3" does not and will not produce bass.
Back in the '70's, Bose introduced the 901 series. Those are what put Bose on the map. It had like eight 3" and two horn tweeters in each cabinet. They were known for being unblowable. My brother had a pair and those speakers would straight up punish you, hit so hard they'd make you blink.
Like most electronics, hi fidelity is a science. All depends on the equipment and how it's configured. A 3" is capable of producing bass though.
Now those are what I need in the Bazooka party bar!

Reactions: trigger
rocmar

rocmar

Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
Wat ever
...your other post read
3"bass worked for 15 min...
Then never worked....again

rocmar

rocmar

Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
Trig...
I'm talking sound bars..
I've heard 4 different
Models....3 different makes
They all sound ...like an
AM radio...
Do you have a sound bar?
My soundstream amp/bass
Of 150 watt....
Does & did...wat I posted

rocmar

rocmar

Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
Does not...will not
PRODUCE ENOUGH BASS
TO MY LIKING...
SOUNDBAR....
& just to add....
Your quick on me...sayin
Pics or it never
....happened. .
But never said that
To Montecresto. ...or LandPioneer
...when they said there windsheild
....had not ONE scratch.
Which we all no is BS

J

JTW

@JTW im thinking about getting one of these. If you hook up one of those tube bass speakers, will the sound bar have enough power to support it or would you need a separate amp?
I honestly can't answer that.. the way mine is sealed it would not be an easy thing to do. But truthfully.. it's not too bad as far as bass goes. It's much better than I thought it would be.

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!