P500 Lightdow LD6000 WiFi 1080P HD Action Camera

• Thread starter Deleted member 3748
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 3748

Haven't been in years. Gets too crazy up there anymore, beer tent on the ice and all that horse power...
We'll be there this weekend for the snowmobile. atv, and SxS drags. Not participating this time.

Reactions: trigger
rocmar

rocmar

Where Eagles & Angels....Dare to Fly...
Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
That's right, I forgot about the desert thing. Should get some good video from that mount position.
That's right, I forgot about the desert thing. Should get some good video from that mount position.
That's wat I'm hoping...
I'll be sharing...some vids...bro

C

Chooglin

Enjoyed the video , audio sounds very clear.

What resolution are you taking those videos in ?

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
FWIW...I know I had a hell of a time figuring out how to post a video on here and I'm certain some have tried and given up. I'm not the tech'iest guy in the world and there's probably easier ways of doing it but thought I'd share how I did it.
Just plugging your camera into the USB on your computer, it will recognize the videos, just load the one you want into a saved file, like you would with a pic. You should be able to view it without the camera plugged in now.
I made a throw away, unimportant gmail account, it's free. Write down your sign in info as you probably won't use it that much. Then go to youtube and open an account. Also free. Be sure to choose public and not private or others won't be able to view them. When opening the account, link it to the throw away gmail account. Now just upload your video to youtube and it will give you the url, that's the http: address, write that down too. Now you should be able to view it on youtube.
Now when you want to post it on here, just hit the link button at the top, looks like a little chain, then enter the url address and load it.
Hope this might help someone dealing with the frustration of figuring it out. Beside's, I want to see more of your guy's videos. ;)

D

Deleted member 3748

@trigger - That's a good way to do it, but you may find it easier and it will be faster if you take the memory card out of your camera and put it in your computer. Your computer may have a card reader built in or you will need an adapter.

Plug your card into your computer and it will see it as a regular disk drive. C:\ is the internal hard drive. D:\ is your CD/DVD drive and it will be another drive letter. On my computer it is G:\. Make a Pioneer folder on your computer. I make mine on my desktop because it's easiest to find. Then you can drag files from your memory card to the folder.

Capture Capture2

You can upload to youtube right from your Pioneer folder.

advertisement
D

Deleted member 3748

I bought a headstrap mount for the camera. It's impossible to not look ridiculous when wearing it. But... I learned something new about the LightDow camera after learning it was impossible to aim the camera when it's mounted to your head. The wi-fi feature on this camera is to use it with a phone app. Of course, my Windows phone doesn't have this app, but my work phone is an S5 so I used that. You can download Final Cam for Android, connect it to the cameras wi-fi and you can control everything right from the phone.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
FWIW...I know I had a hell of a time figuring out how to post a video on here and I'm certain some have tried and given up. I'm not the tech'iest guy in the world and there's probably easier ways of doing it but thought I'd share how I did it.
Just plugging your camera into the USB on your computer, it will recognize the videos, just load the one you want into a saved file, like you would with a pic. You should be able to view it without the camera plugged in now.
I made a throw away, unimportant gmail account, it's free. Write down your sign in info as you probably won't use it that much. Then go to youtube and open an account. Also free. Be sure to choose public and not private or others won't be able to view them. When opening the account, link it to the throw away gmail account. Now just upload your video to youtube and it will give you the url, that's the http: address, write that down too. Now you should be able to view it on youtube.
Now when you want to post it on here, just hit the link button at the top, looks like a little chain, then enter the url address and load it.
Hope this might help someone dealing with the frustration of figuring it out. Beside's, I want to see more of your guy's videos. ;)
How much time did you spend trying to figure that out and implement it lol. I'm just going to wait until I see my daughter next from grad school, she'll hook me up in moments and I'll never see her thumbs move. :D

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
I bought a headstrap mount for the camera. It's impossible to not look ridiculous when wearing it. But... I learned something new about the LightDow camera after learning it was impossible to aim the camera when it's mounted to your head. The wi-fi feature on this camera is to use it with a phone app. Of course, my Windows phone doesn't have this app, but my work phone is an S5 so I used that. You can download Final Cam for Android, connect it to the cameras wi-fi and you can control everything right from the phone.
Post a selfie of that Piston. :D:D:D

D

Deleted member 3748

How much time did you spend trying to figure that out and implement it lol. I'm just going to wait until I see my daughter next from grad school, she'll hook me up in moments and I'll never see her thumbs move. :D
LOL! It had potential to take a long time. But I noticed the problem right away and someone at Amazon had already solved it! :)

Post a selfie of that Piston. :D:D:D
I just might do that so one of you craftsman can design something better!

Reactions: Montecresto
D

Deleted member 3748

After having this Faux-Pro for a year, everything still works and it's mostly intact. The weak points of this camera have been the battery and the battery cover. The pins on the battery (female) have a tendency to bend. You can bend them back but eventually, they will break. Replacement batteries are cheap. The battery cover was always a pain to remove, but now it's super easy to remove and it's being held on with tape. Other than that, it's been a great, little camera.

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Just in case someone else buys one of these knock off go pros;
Read through this thread again and didn't find the answer. Noticed that the poor audio was addressed when it's in its waterproof case but nothing tells you how to mount it without the case. Mine came with a second back cover that has slots in it to get better sound, the one that is on it, that is waterproof, just pops off. Had to search youtube and find a video made by a kid to figure this out. ;)

rocmar

rocmar

Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
Read through this thread again and didn't find the answer. Noticed that the poor audio was addressed when it's in its waterproof case but nothing tells you how to mount it without the case. Mine came with a second back cover that has slots in it to get better sound, the one that is on it, that is waterproof, just pops off. Had to search youtube and find a video made by a kid to figure this out. ;)
Waiting on some vids....bro
I'm hoping to ride...tomorrow
for a few hrs...until I freeze up...

rocmar

rocmar

Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
After having this Faux-Pro for a year, everything still works and it's mostly intact. The weak points of this camera have been the battery and the battery cover. The pins on the battery (female) have a tendency to bend. You can bend them back but eventually, they will break. Replacement batteries are cheap. The battery cover was always a pain to remove, but now it's super easy to remove and it's being held on with tape. Other than that, it's been a great, little camera.
Alot of those cams...has a sealed in
...battery..which im not a fan of..
..my TomTom..wasn't cheap..but
happy with it..gonna get a few more
..stick on mounts..vids to come

D

Deleted member 3748

Mine came with another case that is not waterproof. I put a ball mount on it and that was it.

CaptureCapture

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!