BOX1

P500 Rear Camera hookup

czrider

czrider

Aug 23, 2020
Maryville, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 500
Has anybody found the wire that gets hot when you put the 500 in reverse. ? I've checked all lines coming out of the dash while in reverse and had no luck. If I can't hook it up to a line when put in reverse I will need to add a rocker switch to activate it. Any ideas ?

906UP

906UP

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 6, 2017
The 906
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
You won't find a hot wire, it's a ground wire signal to the ecm that indicates "R" on the screen. @Hondasxs has kits with a relay for reverse lights that would work. I put a cam on the Talon but set it up so it's on all the time, use it like a rear view mirror.

czrider

czrider

Aug 23, 2020
Maryville, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 500
You won't find a hot wire, it's a ground wire signal to the ecm that indicates "R" on the screen. @Hondasxs has kits with a relay for reverse lights that would work. I put a cam on the Talon but set it up so it's on all the time, use it like a rear view mirror.
Ok I'll look for the relay kit. Thanks

D

DDDonkey

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 29, 2017
AZ
I did the same on my pioneer, the camera really help with the rear seats up.

HUCK

HUCK

Lifetime Member
Jun 21, 2016
ARIZONA
Ownership

1. 500

2. Talon X
Have you heard about the new eye activated one ? It's called a rear view mirror . Works awesome . 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 906UP and J80
906UP

906UP

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 6, 2017
The 906
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
Have you heard about the new eye activated one ? It's called a rear view mirror . Works awesome . 😂
I've tried a rear view mirror in the P500 and took it out. Thanks anyway
Same here, I put one in the Talon for a bit but for me it's hard to get a clear sight out the back, besides the camera was cheaper....LOL

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!