P500 Lightdow LD6000 WiFi 1080P HD Action Camera

• Thread starter Deleted member 3748
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 3748

I bought one of the GoPro knock-off cameras after several weeks of looking at them. SJCAM seems to be the better knock-off but for the price I decided on the LightDow. It's a 1080p video camera capable of 30fps with a 12Mp camera and wi-fi capability. You can connect to the camera using another wi-fi device, such as a laptop or a phone. The camera cannot get on the internet. The Amazon price was $52.98

It comes with everything in the photo plus an extra battery (not pictured). I don't know how most of the mounts are used. It uses a MicroSD card up to 32GB.

Here's a short video from today. This camera is much less wobbly than the Kodak SPort. I didn't use any editing or enhancements. This is straight from the camera recording in 1080p at 30fps. I'm happy with it so far. I'll update this post with battery life, etc. as I learn what those are.

IMAG01157
IMAG01159

Eltobgi

Eltobgi

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 21, 2016
North Dakota
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
Not bad! Good sound & picture! Might have to watch this closely!

Reactions: Tramguage1
D

Deleted member 3748

Not bad! Good sound & picture! Might have to watch this closely!
The sound could be better. You can't hear the stereo or us talking through the waterproof case but there is some weird clicking. If you see my 50" trail vid, it sounds like I'm grinding my gears. Everything else is good so far.

Reactions: Remington
AKRider

AKRider

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 31, 2016
Palmer, Alaska
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The sound could be better. You can't hear the stereo or us talking through the waterproof case but there is some weird clicking. If you see my 50" trail vid, it sounds like I'm grinding my gears. Everything else is good so far.

That does take some nice video. My GoPro mount has the same clicking sounds. I have it mounted to the windshield with the suction cup base. I think once I get it mounted to the ROPS that clicking will go away.

Reactions: Deleted member 3748
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
That does take some nice video. My GoPro mount has the same clicking sounds. I have it mounted to the windshield with the suction cup base. I think once I get it mounted to the ROPS that clicking will go away.
What about the audio otherwise? Trying to decide if it's worth I guess three times the price to go with GoPro? It seems to me I might want to be able to hear whatever the wife and I may be saying if we're filming a particular ride.

D

Deleted member 3748

Mine is mounted to the ROPS. It's on the grab handle. I'll try it on the rear ROPS next weekend.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
D

Deleted member 3748

What about the audio otherwise? Trying to decide if it's worth I guess three times the price to go with GoPro? It seems to me I might want to be able to hear whatever the wife and I may be saying if we're filming a particular ride.
Not much audio when it's in the waterproof case. I'm on the road until Thursday. When I get back I'll take it out of the case and see.

Reactions: Remington
AKRider

AKRider

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 31, 2016
Palmer, Alaska
Ownership

1. 1000-5

Just from this I would say that the GP picks up audio better. If I didn't have the GP I would be looking at the Garmin Virb line. A few of the guys here have them and from what I've seen I really like them.

advertisement
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Just from this I would say that the GP picks up audio better. If I didn't have the GP I would be looking at the Garmin Virb line. A few of the guys here have them and from what I've seen I really like them.
Are you saying that you consider the Garmin to be better than GP, just as good, or second to?

AKRider

AKRider

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 31, 2016
Palmer, Alaska
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Are you saying that you consider the Garmin to be better than GP, just as good, or second to?

I'm just going off of what I have seen @CumminsPusher and @drfubar post. I like the features, it seems to take just as good of video, and costs less. I've actually thought about picking one up and using GP as a backup cam or as a dashcam in the truck.

Reactions: CumminsPusher
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
I'm just going off of what I have seen @CumminsPusher and @drfubar post. I like the features, it seems to take just as good of video, and costs less. I've actually thought about picking one up and using GP as a backup cam or as a dashcam in the truck.
Ok then, based upon that I'll give Garmin a look while I'm waiting for PH to get back and remove his waterproof case for a test on the audio. Thanks AK!

AlR

AlR

Nov 14, 2016
Nanaimo, British Columbia
Ownership

1. 500

I like the idea of a 12V dash cam that turns on when P5 is running. For a gopro I'd have to charge a battery and turn it on and off manually...

Reactions: CumminsPusher
AKRider

AKRider

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 31, 2016
Palmer, Alaska
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I like the idea of a 12V dash cam that turns on when P5 is running. For a gopro I'd have to charge a battery and turn it on and off manually...

I'm pretty sure there is a 12V option for both the GP and the Garmin, but I could be wrong. I don't have it for my GP.

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!