San Francisco, CA
Ownership

1. 500
Cow mountain looking down on Clear Lake. CA
20160611 101728

looked like a good place to eat lunch
20160611 103255

20160611 103834

Pretty good rut took me out. Terra 3500 got me upright no problem.
20160611 113923

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Hey, you got out of the city for a ride! Very beautiful. You got your P5 on its side just like I did a couple weeks ago, lol. Did you have much trouble getting it back on its feet??

Frisco

Frisco

Jan 15, 2016
San Francisco, CA
Ownership

1. 500
Ya.. I saw the picture of the wife in the gutter...lol ....... No the winch worked great-that one was easy. I took one other spill but no picture. that one was tough. The way I landed had the Baron perpendicular to the trail. I had to winch / strait drag the P5 on its side so that the nose was going uphill. Then used enough of the cable, and a high tree point- to get her back on all four. Also had to dead lift a little on the roll bar. would have took a picture but the 90 degree heat had me drippin good......

Reactions: trigger
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Ya.. I saw the picture of the wife in the gutter...lol ....... No the winch worked great-that one was easy. I took one other spill but no picture. that one was tough. The way I landed had the Baron perpendicular to the trail. I had to winch / strait drag the P5 on its side so that the nose was going uphill. Then used enough of the cable, and a high tree point- to get her back on all four. Also had to dead lift a little on the roll bar. would have took a picture but the 90 degree heat had me drippin good......
Good deal, no damage to the P5? Looks like you were riding alone!

Frisco

Frisco

Jan 15, 2016
San Francisco, CA
Ownership

1. 500
No damage! nothing some black plastic touch up wont fix.....ya rode alone. Let Jr. sleep in. He wasn't up for the 2 .5 hour ride to get there. But Me time is soooo nice too.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
No damage! nothing some black plastic touch up wont fix.....ya rode alone. Let Jr. sleep in. He wasn't up for the 2 .5 hour ride to get there. But Me time is soooo nice too.
That's cool. Did you see any other riders. Would Mendocino be east of you?

Frisco

Frisco

Jan 15, 2016
San Francisco, CA
Ownership

1. 500
Not many- was my first time there. For 4 hours of riding- saw 1 razor and 1 Can-am. mostly bikes. about 10 people.....

The National Mendocino Forest is North-East from SF. It's 900,000 acres + ....it is somewhat central to North Calif. Go's all the way up to Shasta National forest.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Not many- was my first time there. For 4 hours of riding- saw 1 razor and 1 Can-am. mostly bikes. about 10 people.....

The National Mendocino Forest is North-East from SF. It's 900,000 acres + ....it is somewhat central to North Calif. Go's all the way up to Shasta National forest.
Maybe that's why you didn't see many others, a million acres is a lot of land!!! Any interest in your P5 amongst the other riders? I'm also curious if a special permit is required to ride the public lands there. And what was the conditions that caused your second (or first as it may have been) tip over?

Frisco

Frisco

Jan 15, 2016
San Francisco, CA
Ownership

1. 500
Maybe that's why you didn't see many others, a million acres is a lot of land!!! Any interest in your P5 amongst the other riders? I'm also curious if a special permit is required to ride the public lands there. And what was the conditions that caused your second (or first as it may have been) tip over?

Didn't have a chance to talk. The razor and I just ripped by each other on the fire road. The Can-am was a 4 seater on a tight trail, he was coming down towards me as I was climbing a pretty good grade. He looked like he had his hands full navigating that 32K boat down that little traiI. I strait went though the bush to get around him...he just looked at me and I laughed as I went by. Probably thought I was a deer that jumped into the bush ( Ok... there was an opening ) ..........I crashed twice on mostly clay rutted trails. One was going to be tough to make- but I tried it. I lost-.... the second was my fault. I tried to turn around because I lost my spare and wanted to back track. (Got loose from first spill) I tipped over......Idiot.......The ruts and grade didn't help....Out here we have a sticker system- Green sticker all year ride anywhere with a spark arrestor. Red sticker seasonal usually anywhere-also I think with arrestor. ............and I found my spare!

Reactions: Dp5hunter
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Didn't have a chance to talk. The razor and I just ripped by each other on the fire road. The Can-am was a 4 seater on a tight trail, he was coming down towards me as I was climbing a pretty good grade. He looked like he had his hands full navigating that 32K boat down that little traiI. I strait went though the bush to get around him...he just looked at me and I laughed as I went by. Probably thought I was a deer that jumped into the bush ( Ok... there was an opening ) ..........I crashed twice on mostly clay rutted trails. One was going to be tough to make- but I tried it. I lost-.... the second was my fault. I tried to turn around because I lost my spare and wanted to back track. (Got loose from first spill) I tipped over......Idiot.......The ruts and grade didn't help....Out here we have a sticker system- Green sticker all year ride anywhere with a spark arrestor. Red sticker seasonal usually anywhere-also I think with arrestor. ............and I found my spare!
That is too cool my man!!!!! I love it when that happens. So you learned a thing or too, had fun, showed up the CanAm, found your spare, and got back up and shook the dust off .....twice!! Btw, this sort of thing makes a compelling argument for seat belts, and helmets I suppose some would argue, but I just can't do it, obstructive and uncomfortable in a variety of ways, hot in the summer uhg. Just be careful I suppose......

Last edited:
Reactions: Frisco
trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500

I lived in the bay area in the early nineties...beautiful place. Spent some time up in Truckee as well.
There is a little of every state in Cali. Always one of my favorite vacation destinations.

Reactions: Frisco
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
I lived in the bay area in the early nineties...beautiful place. Spent some time up in Truckee as well.
There is a little of every state in Cali. Always one of my favorite vacation destinations.
That beautiful Truckee river, Donners Pass to Tahoe, yep yep!

Frisco

Frisco

Jan 15, 2016
San Francisco, CA
Ownership

1. 500
That beautiful Truckee river, Donners Pass to Tahoe, yep yep!

That's my next trip. Truckee. Donner pass. And then Sierra buttes. Can't wait. as for seatbelts and helmets. Just depends on what I'm doing. Just crusing..... No helmet but always wear my belt. trails....always.....both. I'm use to sweating in my helmet from my charity demolition derby days and playing ball. Oh the glory days..........

Frisco

Frisco

Jan 15, 2016
San Francisco, CA
Ownership

1. 500
That's my next trip. Truckee. Donner pass. And then Sierra buttes. Can't wait. as for seatbelts and helmets. Just depends on what I'm doing. Just crusing..... No helmet but always wear my belt. trails....always.....both. I'm use to sweating in my helmet from my charity demolition derby days and playing ball. Oh the glory days..........

Oh I forgot. The seat belts in the p5 are awsome. they held my 260lbs in just fine. several times now.

Reactions: Montecresto
trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Donner Pass...there's a hell of a story that I never knew until I went there.
And to think that you'll be bombing through there on a 4WD toy...Irony!!

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
LMAO!!! That joke wasn't in " good taste " frisco.
They should have traveled on the Sabbath and not took the short cut through the harshest desert. But hindsight seems better than foresight sometimes I suppose.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!