Tflynn

Not a liberal
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 12, 2015
Northern California
Ownership

1. 700-2
That looks nice I may have to head out there one day. Would a 700 make it ok or do you need the 50" width?

Frisco

Frisco

Jan 15, 2016
San Francisco, CA
Ownership

1. 500
That looks nice I may have to head out there one day. Would a 700 make it ok or do you need the 50" width?

No 50" law restriction.......On the fire roads no problem. Plenty of wide open areas, and on the creek bed too. But I didn't get to all the areas. .....as for the trails, I was bush wacking along the roof edges in some places in just the 500. Have not seen a 700 in action. as for width....seems like the 700 is about a foot wider? I think you could get down/up the trials. The wider wheel base might actually help with the ruts.. Not sure how the 700 climbs in relation to the 500. Or does it stand taller? Larger branches along the top might be more the problem...Unless you got a chain saw...I had it in 4wd Low.... gas pedal to the floor when I lost it going up the hill....and the 500 did a partial rear hand stand and then plopped over on its side.

BTW...I went in from the Ukiah side. But even if you stay on the wider fire roads....I think its worth it. I'll go back someday.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!