P500 Spacer size

A

Afroberger

Apr 28, 2019
United states
Ownership

1. 500
I have been reading a lot and admittedly am not a mechanical type guy....my question is this.......from what I have read the rear tires are narrower than the front. I just ordered 26x9x12 for front and 26x11x12 for rear which should widen the stance a bit and I intend to mount on stock rims. I would like to put 1 inch spacers on front to increase width. What size spacers on rear to make all wheels equal width and any by idea of outside tire wall to outside tire wall width with this set up? I have a 60 inch wide trailer....

Reactions: Chooglin
A

Afroberger

Apr 28, 2019
United states
Ownership

1. 500
Also will that plan make it more stable or would keeping the rear narrower than the front make it more stable? Again I am no engineer so forgive my ignorance..lol.

C

Chooglin

I would go ahead and get your tires mounted on the rims and take some measurement to determine what spacers you will need in the rear. My guess is , if you have 1.00" spacers on the front , you will need at least 1 1/2" on the rear.

Spacers front and rear will definitely help with stability!!!

Reactions: tomcj2
RB3offroad

RB3offroad

Vendor
Nov 2, 2017
Tempe, AZ
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have been reading a lot and admittedly am not a mechanical type guy....my question is this.......from what I have read the rear tires are narrower than the front. I just ordered 26x9x12 for front and 26x11x12 for rear which should widen the stance a bit and I intend to mount on stock rims. I would like to put 1 inch spacers on front to increase width. What size spacers on rear to make all wheels equal width and any by idea of outside tire wall to outside tire wall width with this set up? I have a 60 inch wide trailer....
I would go with 1" on front and 2" on back

Rustneversleeps

Rustneversleeps

Oct 30, 2018
Talon,New Brunswick,Canada
Ownership

1. 500
I would go with same size all around most op for the 1 1/2'' Spacers.this way you'll know your going 1 1/2'' wider from stock width,which is 50''...My Opinion anyways..You'll gain 3" wider

Reactions: JasonsP500
NitroxDiver

NitroxDiver

Dec 22, 2016
Concord NC
Ownership

1. 500
I have 1” on the front and 2” on the rear with stock rims. This brings the back out even with the front. I originally started with 1” on the back and nothing on the front. I am very happy with the 1”front 2”rear setup. Rides better, more stable and looks better.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!