P500 Spare for stock tire setup?

Zaleski

Zaleski

Aug 28, 2019
Ohio
Hello all, doing some pre-emptive planning, after a month of researching 50" side by sides, i've decided on the pioneer 500, that i'm going to buy this spring(or earlier if a killer deal pops up) I'd like to eventually get bigger tires, but to start out i'll be riding the stock tires on national forest trails by myself, so i'd like to have a spare in case of a sidewall puncture, etc.

my question is- can you carry one size of tire as a spare as long as it is the same diameter, or do i need 2 spares?

And if I can use one spare, would it better to get a matching size for the front or the back?

NTCPrezJB

NTCPrezJB

President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hello all, doing some pre-emptive planning, after a month of researching 50" side by sides, i've decided on the pioneer 500, that i'm going to buy this spring(or earlier if a killer deal pops up) I'd like to eventually get bigger tires, but to start out i'll be riding the stock tires on national forest trails by myself, so i'd like to have a spare in case of a sidewall puncture, etc.

my question is- can you carry one size of tire as a spare as long as it is the same diameter, or do i need 2 spares?

And if I can use one spare, would it better to get a matching size for the front or the back?

Single spare. Carry the skinny front for less weight.

NTCPrezJB

NTCPrezJB

President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thanks, i'll be camping up that way(sorta) next month at Atwood lake, that's a nice area

I know the area for sure. My brothers wedding reception was at the Atwood Lake Lodge or whatever they call it up on the hill.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Zaleski and Mudwing

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!