P500 Spare tire carrier.

Y

Yomama101

Feb 6, 2022
Mesa AZ
Ownership

1. Looking to buy

2. 520
OK getting the 520 to were I want it now except for carrying a spare tire. I really don't want to just throw it in the back and strap it down. How are you folks carrying a spare. 27x10x12 tire size. Prefer real world experience. šŸ˜

H

Henry Pancake

Jul 8, 2022
Phoenixville Pa
Ownership

1. 500
OK getting the 520 to were I want it now except for carrying a spare tire. I really don't want to just throw it in the back and strap it down. How are you folks carrying a spare. 27x10x12 tire size. Prefer real world experience. šŸ˜
Thousands of miles mountain riding. Never carried a spare, never needed one. Plug kit and 12 volt compressor.

The Green Goat

The Green Goat

LGBTQ Compliance Officer -Lotta gays in this place
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2020
Ohio
Ownership

1. 520
I have one from Hornet Outdoors that I have used for my past few rides at RRB. I cut it down quite a bit so it didn't hang quite so far off the back. I still had to eventually run a ratchet strap from the ROPS, through the tire, and back to the ROPS to take out the slop in the hitch because the bouncing was driving me nuts. It's a LOT of weight hanging off the back end of it. However, it did work great and I do recommend it if you're going to be a long way off from the trail head for an extended period of time. That said, I won't be toting it around anymore during group rides at RRB. It's too much of a hassle and I'd have to SERIOUSLY F'up to end up needing it. I run K9 Supergrips on beadlocks and the sidewalls are so stiff that even at 0psi, I'm convinced I could ride back to camp. Sorry, I don't have very good pics of it right now.

20210603 145848

20210602 215729

Y

Yomama101

Feb 6, 2022
Mesa AZ
Ownership

1. Looking to buy

2. 520
I have one from Hornet Outdoors that I have used for my past few rides at RRB. I cut it down quite a bit so it didn't hang quite so far off the back. I still had to eventually run a ratchet strap from the ROPS, through the tire, and back to the ROPS to take out the slop in the hitch because the bouncing was driving me nuts. It's a LOT of weight hanging off the back end of it. However, it did work great and I do recommend it if you're going to be a long way off from the trail head for an extended period of time. That said, I won't be toting it around anymore during group rides at RRB. It's too much of a hassle and I'd have to SERIOUSLY F'up to end up needing it. I run K9 Supergrips on beadlocks and the sidewalls are so stiff that even at 0psi, I'm convinced I could ride back to camp. Sorry, I don't have very good pics of it right now.

View attachment 370702
View attachment 370703
Thanks so much for the Pics. Yea it looks like I'll just secure the spare in the bed for now. Short rides I'll just carry the compressor and plug kit. šŸ˜

Reactions: Smitty335
The Green Goat

The Green Goat

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2020
Ohio
Ownership

1. 520
Thanks so much for the Pics. Yea it looks like I'll just secure the spare in the bed for now. Short rides I'll just carry the compressor and plug kit. šŸ˜
No prob. Yea, I legitimately tried as hard as I could to keep it close to the tailgate but as you can see, it still hangs off there a bit. And I'm wanting to say my wheel/tire setup is like 70lb, so not light at all. Ideally, I'd rather it be mounted on the ROPS behind me but nobody makes anything that I could find and I haven't been driven to fabricate one just yet. Maybe someday.

Y

Yomama101

Feb 6, 2022
Mesa AZ
Ownership

1. Looking to buy

2. 520
No prob. Yea, I legitimately tried as hard as I could to keep it close to the tailgate but as you can see, it still hangs off there a bit. And I'm wanting to say my wheel/tire setup is like 70lb, so not light at all. Ideally, I'd rather it be mounted on the ROPS behind me but nobody makes anything that I could find and I haven't been driven to fabricate one just yet. Maybe someday.
Here is the current setup. A couple soft straps around the ROPS and a Husky strap to the lower D ring. Actually pretty solid fore and aft. Bungied the Box to the side for lateral support. Cheap and fast to load. I'll try it in this position this weekend.

IMG 8108
IMG 8109

The Green Goat

The Green Goat

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2020
Ohio
Ownership

1. 520
I considered that, but needed the bed space for overlanding gear.

BTW, how you liking that Tiger Tail?

CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
Iā€™d put the tire behind the driver so it wonā€™t block your view when checking to the right. It wouldnā€™t be in your way when checking to the left either.

Y

Yomama101

Feb 6, 2022
Mesa AZ
Ownership

1. Looking to buy

2. 520
Iā€™d put the tire behind the driver so it wonā€™t block your view when checking to the right. It wouldnā€™t be in your way when checking to the left either.
Good idea. ;) Thanks. I'll either move it to the left side or maybe center it and strap it to the ROPS. OK after moving the spare to the center and strapped it's rock solid. Doesn't obstruct the mirror much at all. Work in progress.

IMG 8129 IMG 8130 IMG 8131

Last edited:
BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!