BOX1

P700 Spare tire swing out bar DIY

B128462

B128462

Mar 3, 2016
Chicago
So got tired of searching for a ready made spare tire system for my 700-4. Decided to build my own. Bought some 1/8" steel tube and started chopping and welding. Almost done and it works pretty well. Had room to add a roto pax fuel can and even a small weld on "accessory" ring. Still need to clean p the welds and primer and paint but sure is nice to have the spare along for the ride and with it swinging out still having access to the bed is going to be pretty nice! Would like to see what others have done for a spare tire fix!

Image Image Image

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
That looks really good! Keep us posted on the finished product.

Reactions: Hondasxs
B128462

B128462

Mar 3, 2016
Chicago
Long day but I had time to finish up the project. Wish I had access to a powder coated but since I don't, a few coats of primer and several coats of some good krylon rattle can and the project is done!

Now looking for some ideas for a simple rear canvas "roof/top" that I can store on the sxs and attach with bungees. I have a few ideas but if you all know of some success stories of like to hear about them..

Image Image Image Image

SundayRdr

SundayRdr

Mar 1, 2016
McMinville Tn
Long day but I had time to finish up the project. Wish I had access to a powder coated but since I don't, a few coats of primer and several coats of some good krylon rattle can and the project is done!

Now looking for some ideas for a simple rear canvas "roof/top" that I can store on the sxs and attach with bungees. I have a few ideas but if you all know of some success stories of like to hear about them..

View attachment 11240 View attachment 11241 View attachment 11242 View attachment 11243

So what's it gonna cost us to get one of those?

B128462

B128462

Mar 3, 2016
Chicago
So what's it gonna cost us to get one of those?

Haha hey man this was just a one time garage project. Really wish I knew more about fabricating so I could really help out some other SXS owners. But if you need some more pics or measurements let me know..
Take care

Russel

Russel

Apr 26, 2016
Kodiak, AK
Ownership

1. 700-4
So got tired of searching for a ready made spare tire system for my 700-4. Decided to build my own. Bought some 1/8" steel tube and started chopping and welding. Almost done and it works pretty well. Had room to add a roto pax fuel can and even a small weld on "accessory" ring. Still need to clean p the welds and primer and paint but sure is nice to have the spare along for the ride and with it swinging out still having access to the bed is going to be pretty nice! Would like to see what others have done for a spare tire fix!

View attachment 11145 View attachment 11146 View attachment 11150
Thanks for the idea. I need to weld something like that for my spare tire.

C

ckhenshaw4

Mar 1, 2014
Nice setup !!!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Russel

Russel

Apr 26, 2016
Kodiak, AK
Ownership

1. 700-4

View attachment 11240 View attachment 11241 View attachment 11242 View attachment 11243
That sure does look good! Going to put a swing arm on mine soon!

Reactions: Tflynn
M

mkc809

Nov 20, 2017
Oakdale, LA
Ownership

1. 700-4
really like that set up! do you remember the offset for the middle bar? gonna try to fab one up for my buggy.

Budman

Budman

Feb 12, 2018
Maple Ridge
Ownership

1. 700-4
Just bought a bunch of tubing to start this process- love it
Wife asked what all the metal is for
"Well I'm building a chin-up bar off the back of the pioneer so I can get in better shape"
For some reason she didn't believe me..

N

NHPioneer

Aug 28, 2017
New Hampshire
Ownership

1. 700-4

View attachment 11145 View attachment 11146 View attachment 11150

Too bad that Honda can't get their act together and make more accessories so that folks don't have to be fabricators in order to own one. They make a good product but the competition is beating them because customers can get off the shelf add-ons EVERYWHERE and virtually nothing is available for the Hondas.

jinx

jinx

Sep 27, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 700-4
Looks great.

Too bad that Honda can't get their act together and make more accessories so that folks don't have to be fabricators in order to own one. They make a good product but the competition is beating them because customers can get off the shelf add-ons EVERYWHERE and virtually nothing is available for the Hondas.

Yeah but what would we talk about on here if everything was bought off the shelf?
Not like we can discuss replacing yet another drive belt lol

N

NHPioneer

Aug 28, 2017
New Hampshire
Ownership

1. 700-4
Looks great.

Yeah but what would we talk about on here if everything was bought off the shelf?
Not like we can discuss replacing yet another drive belt lol

By the way, do you have any tips on how to mount a spare on the 700-4 with the bed extender. I don't weld and will be looking to add one somehow. I'd hate to get stuck in the outback with a flat. Also, I saw a youtube video where someone is making an extended bracket so that the tailgate lays flat when it is lowered, and not cantilevered up as it is now.

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!