SPOT Blowout and Product Availability (or lack thereof)

elkaholic

elkaholic

Illegitimi non carborundum
Vendor
Lifetime Member
May 14, 2017
Ridgeway, SC
Ownership

1. Other Brand
Folks, the SPOT line has not been a decent seller for me despite their being a top quality “oh sh-t” device for land use. Therefore I will be closing them our.

The SPOT Gen 3 I have marked down to $50. I have two left and the wholesale cost was $115 each. Great units and still supported, just not the current packaging of the SPOT Gen 4. I have 2 left. (No discounts at that price - sorry).

Other SPOT products are on my website at MAP, so contact me directly for pricing. I have 2 SPOT X units, one SPOT Gen4, and 5 SPOT Trace and power cables. The Trace makes a dm Ed good vehicle tracker and does not require cellular coverage like the competition. Again, contact me directly for your pricing.

Now for updates on product availability .... basically it sucks. I will be switching my site over to disallow back orders. I have TYT 8600s on order but do not have an ETA. I have outages on some Midland items as well (the XT511 GMRS base camp radio eta just shifted from a week out to mid July).

The shipping issues to and from Asia are killing me and others. If there is something you absolutely need to have, ping me. I can generally get items on a one off basis quickly (but shipping is killer ... for some radios as much as the radio if not more).

Finally with the FCC cracking down on HAM and Commercial radios being sold and programmed to GMRS frequencies, I will not be selling pre-programmed radios once I sell out (read Baofeng and TYT). I will continue to sell the radios, you will need to program them yourselves .... and I can (allegedly) point you to easy programming

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

jumpmaster

jumpmaster

Mar 13, 2021
Tomah, Wisconsin
How are things on the TYT8600 availability. What’s the pricing look like for that?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: Biteme
elkaholic

elkaholic

Illegitimi non carborundum
Vendor
Lifetime Member
May 14, 2017
Ridgeway, SC
Ownership

1. Other Brand
That's a doggone good question. I have had some on order since February and no ETA yet. I could sell a boatload of them if I had them <face palm>

Reactions: Biteme

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!