P500 spotting scope mount

W

willyqbc

Sep 11, 2017
british columbia
Ownership

1. 500
Now this wont work for those of you with full windshields, but if like me you like to hunt with no windshield or even probably a half windshield, this should work fo ya.

took a small piece of pipe, welded flat bar to either end to give me something to clamp to the roll cage. Then bent and fit another piece of wider flat bar to give the spotting scope window mount a place to go. got the angles i wanted and welded it all up. Attached with 1 5/8 muffler clamps.
AZifYQf
from inside or outside the cab i can use the scope all the way left or right. in fact with the door open i can use it looking back through the doors by leaning over the hood.
ZxLj1Iy
might come in handy if you use your quad for hunting open country, or like me have antler restrictions to deal with and need to be able to count points on animals to determine if its legal. You could drive with it mounted with no interference from the steering wheel, and minimal disruption of your view, but i plan on just having the scope nearby and slap it on when needed.

Chris

D

Deleted member 3748

Good idea Chris! I never thought of putting a spotting scope on the P5, but I might do that. I'm not a hunter but I am an amateur photographer and that would be handy.

Do you think you could have used a Tusk flag mount for your scope? You can get them in vertical, horizontal, or adjustable.

Tusk Adjustable UTV Flag Mount | UTV | Rocky Mountain ATV/MC

Someone else on this forum welded a pipe across that same spot and welded on a passenger grab handle.

W

willyqbc

Sep 11, 2017
british columbia
Ownership

1. 500
looking at that mount i would say some thin 1" angle iron bolted to it (1 on each end) would make a good platform to attach assorted items to.
Not welding anything to my frame right now. I'm liking the idea of being able to pull stuff off for situations where i dont need them.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!