Bastardchild

Bastardchild

Nov 3, 2016
Orange Heights, fl
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
We need some videos when you get back !
Chooglin i just made a goofy slideshow of our ride on youtube if anybody is interested. Phukdup Mudclub on youtube. Its more or less a bunch of adult beverage consumption with riding in between. Aka the 5:30 club. 5 minutes of riding, 30 minutes of bulls***ting and goofing off. Lol I will post a P5 only action video within the next few days, and also video footage of everybody riding in another video. I got a crappy schedule the next couple of days at work so i will try to get to them when i can. Btw, the P5 is a frickin BEAST! I had a blast riding it right up until i ripped the drivers front valve stem out of the wheel in some thick mud. Lol we limped it back to the trailer and loaded it up, then i hopped in the back of my buddys P7-4 and was the official beer hander the rest of the day. Haha! There was 3 Honda Pioneer 700-4s in our group yesterday! Highly impressive machines! With lower gearing they would be beasts for sure! Even though my wife has one, i havent really got a lot of seat time in one, so i was impressed. Ok im rambling. Yall have a good work week. Heres a teaser....

Resized IMG 20180312 090626 780

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Been kicking this idea around since i got the portals. The tires rub on hard turns, so i thought about moving the a-arm mounting tabs forward on the frame to get the tires a couple of inches forward. I plan on just unplugging the a-arms, moving them forward, just on the front side of the tabs, and using one of the tabs, and welding a new tab in front of the a-arm bushing. Dont know if that made sense. The pics will tell you better than i can. I got a long piece of 3/8" threaded rod and washers and nuts from Tractor Supply and im using that to lign everything up. I cycled the suspension and there doesnt seem to be any binding from the new forward position. Gonna work on the passenger side today, and the drivers side tomorrow hopefully. Im slow at doing these types of things so hopefully i dont run out of weekend. Heres a few pics. Ill post more pics of the progress later this evening. Youre probably wondering why dont i just buy forward a-arms. Well, the one company that used to make forward a-arms for the P5 has become unreliable. Also, i like projects.

View attachment 66233 View attachment 66234 View attachment 66235 View attachment 66236 View attachment 66237 View attachment 66238 View attachment 66239
Awesome!

Reactions: Bastardchild
ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Ok im all done with this mod. Got it all back together and loaded on the trailer with Sugar Pies P700-4, gassed up, beered up, ready for muddin tomorrow at 10k. I had to play around with where to put the balljoint hole location to get the most turn that i could. It doesnt turn as sharp as i'd like, but it will do. When i moved the hole 2" back i lost a lot of the steering. Thats when it dawned on me the further the hole gets away from the knuckle pivot point, the less i would be able to turn. So its about an inch back, and a half inch towards the outside. I unthreaded my balljoint things on the steering bars back out a half inch about where the factory had them. I welded my lower bumper brackets back on and put the calipers on. I put the sexy braided brakelines i got from @jak9922 and got the wife to pump the pedal while i bled the brakes. Took her for a spin and it drove good. The steering is nice and light again like from the factory. That could be the new balljoints, or the location of the steering balljoint holes, i dont know. Got her loaded and ready for tomorrow. Anyway, heres some pics. Im calling this done.

View attachment 68292 View attachment 68293 View attachment 68294 View attachment 68295 View attachment 68296 View attachment 68297 View attachment 68298 View attachment 68299 View attachment 68300 View attachment 68301 View attachment 68302 View attachment 68303 View attachment 68304 View attachment 68305 View attachment 68306 View attachment 68307 View attachment 68308 View attachment 68309

Not a bogger but don’t have to be to appreciate the work and ingenuity that go into purpose built machines. That is awesome.

Bastardchild

Bastardchild

Nov 3, 2016
Orange Heights, fl
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
Not a bogger but don’t have to be to appreciate the work and ingenuity that go into purpose built machines. That is awesome.
Thank you @ohanacreek. Yes its definitely purpose built. I look at other peoples rigs that are purpose built for like riding mountain trails and stuff or desert riding and i love them. I like all the storage and gun racks and chainsaw holders and stuff.

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thank you @ohanacreek. Yes its definitely purpose built. I look at other peoples rigs that are purpose built for like riding mountain trails and stuff or desert riding and i love them. I like all the storage and gun racks and chainsaw holders and stuff.

Exactly mine is definitely setup for the terrain I ride and my usage.

That’s half the fun and 99% of the expense!

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!