BOX1

P700 Spring spacer/lift

C

crimsonsaturn

Jun 29, 2020
Pennsylvania
Ownership

1. 700-4
I was wondering how difficult it is to install a spring spacer lift kit on the 700-4

Alan_Vander

Alan_Vander

Mar 19, 2019
rosepine,la
Ownership

1. 700-4
I was wondering how difficult it is to install a spring spacer lift kit on the 700-4
Its not hard to do. The simplest way is with a spring compressor if you can manage to find one that fits no problem. Now if you cant rent one thatll fit the next easiest is to use endless 1 inch rachet straps. Go for the 800+ lbs ones 500 hundreds will do but get a little more peice of mind. Now with the ratchet straps. Your doing 1 side at a time. Run the tire you want up a ramp till it feels tippy. Get out and put your ratchet straps on front and backside of the coils feed it through as many as you can tighten them then back it off the ramp and jack the machine up till just before the tire comes off the ground. Take top bolt out by jacking it up finding the sweet spot itll just slide out. Just swing it outward towards you. Take the keeper off by sliding it down the shock and take it off via the slot in it. Put the spacer over the top and let it rest on the spring. Place the keeper back in place and put the bolt back in the shock. Ease the jack down making sure the keeper and spacer are center then take it back up the ramp to undo the ratchets. 5c9acc78e7979268e9c41baa6cd3ebed1213a419b9a6aaf796289417c4cbe5a6

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

C

crimsonsaturn

Jun 29, 2020
Pennsylvania
Ownership

1. 700-4
Thanks for your input I was wondering how the plate that retains the spring is removed. I have a spring compressor hoping that makes it simpler

Alan_Vander

Alan_Vander

Mar 19, 2019
rosepine,la
Ownership

1. 700-4
Thanks for your input I was wondering how the plate that retains the spring is removed. I have a spring compressor hoping that makes it simpler
Its basically just a horseshoe and is held in place by the tension of the spring. Fairly simple it was my first set and after i set everything up i did it in an hr.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!