Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Wash it good in that area then try it. If its still there, take the wheel off and inspect the brakes. Might also have a dry rear barring. You wont know till u physically tear into it.

Last edited:
F

Fischer

Dec 22, 2019
The woods
Ownership

1. 500
I am hearing a little squeaking when I roll the 500 forward or back. It sounds like it is coming from the disc brake in the back. Anyone else having this noise? I'm wondering if there is a small stone caught in there.
I had and still have the same issue. Took it to the dealer under warranty. Still does it. If you figure it out, let me know.

F

Fischer

Dec 22, 2019
The woods
Ownership

1. 500
Mine has that squeal also. I think mine is in the rear disc brake. Or maybe a rear wheel bearing. Mine has over 4,000 miles on it. LOL
Yeah, pretty sure mines in the rear disk. The sound hasn't gone away. I'm starting to think, if it doesn't make numerous noises, it isn't a Honda Pioneer 500.

Morpheus

Morpheus

Supporting Member
May 6, 2019
Minnesota
Ownership

1. 500
I have a squeaking in the rear brake assembly periodically. I attribute it to rust/dirt build up. It's usually most prominent after the machine sits for a bit. I get going around 7-10 mph and lightly apply the brake for a few seconds and it clears the disk and stops squeaking. It's something to try if you want.

Todd627

Todd627

HondaSxS Club Stress Management Director
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 4, 2018
MI
I have a squeaking in the rear brake assembly periodically. I attribute it to rust/dirt build up. It's usually most prominent after the machine sits for a bit. I get going around 7-10 mph and lightly apply the brake for a few seconds and it clears the disk and stops squeaking. It's something to try if you want.
^^^^This^^^^

My P500 used to do the same thing. I would slightly apply the brake while driving like @Morpheus said, and it would go away.

advertisement
kosh

kosh

Jan 12, 2021
Ste. Anne, Manitoba
Ownership

1. 500
Thanks for all the input. I sure sounds like it's the rear disc brake. I'm going to give it a good blast of water to try to dislodge any grit that might be there.

Reactions: Morpheus
sporttrac4x4

sporttrac4x4

Lifetime Member
Jan 7, 2016
ILL.
Ownership

1. Other Brand
Brake pads also have a metal wear indicator that drags on the rotors when the pads are worn out. This will make a grinding or squealing noise.

Reactions: Morpheus
C

Chris36695

Nov 29, 2021
Mobile, Alabama
Ownership

1. 700-2
For a couple years, my 2018 700-2 had a chirping squeak from rear brake that came and went regardless of braking or accelerating. I finally fixed that irritating squeak. If the metal brackets that hold rhe pads in place are not just right, they each have a little tab that can rub rotor. I moved one bracket some and the squeaking has finally stopped.

Reactions: HiFive and Morpheus
Red500

Red500

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2018
Greeneville, Tn.
Ownership

1. 500
Had a rock in mine once. It would squeal and chatter bad when hitting the brakes. Took pads off and a little tiny rock fell out and the problem went away.

Reactions: HiFive and Morpheus
K

KPM

Nov 25, 2021
Prairieville LA
Ownership

1. 500
I had a similar issue with the rear brake making noise. Took it apart and it had globs Of dirt, grit and small rocks. Cleaned re installed and good to go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: HiFive

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!