P500 Squeaks with weight in the back?

D

Dschaffer

Dec 13, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. 520
Hey all. My P520 has a very annoying and almost constant squeaking sound whenever there is some weight in the dump bed. I would think it has to do with the suspension but it is almost like a moving squeaking, like it is connected to a rotating part. It can be heard while in gear and in neutral. Anybody else experience this and what is the solution? Thanks

The Green Goat

The Green Goat

LGBTQ Compliance Officer -Lotta gays in this place
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2020
Ohio
Ownership

1. 520
Hey all. My P520 has a very annoying and almost constant squeaking sound whenever there is some weight in the dump bed. I would think it has to do with the suspension but it is almost like a moving squeaking, like it is connected to a rotating part. It can be heard while in gear and in neutral. Anybody else experience this and what is the solution? Thanks
Yup. Pretty sure it's the brake rotor. Haven't tried or found any solution yet. It's on my list of things to address.

Reactions: trigger
crewcabrob

crewcabrob

Lifetime Member
May 7, 2018
Omaha
Ownership

1. 520
My bed will sometimes squeak on the rubber pads that are around the locking mechanism. I've heard some silicone spray helps quiet it.

I've had mine for a year and only have 379 miles on it, not much time to really spend looking for the squeak. Its either all business or all play when I get to start her up.

D

Dschaffer

Dec 13, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. 520
My bed will sometimes squeak on the rubber pads that are around the locking mechanism. I've heard some silicone spray helps quiet it.

I've had mine for a year and only have 379 miles on it, not much time to really spend looking for the squeak. Its either all business or all play when I get to start her up.
I’ll check that out but I think its something to do with the suspension.

Reactions: crewcabrob
S

Sxsnewby

Jun 26, 2021
California
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Mine had an annoying squeak as well. I put a little fresh grease on the area where the bed release latches are. Look under the bed when you have it lifted. There is a catch on each side and you can see where the latch rubs. Hopefully it is a s simple as mine was. Good luck!

N

NeHunter13

Jan 3, 2022
Nebraska
Ownership

1. 520
Mine does it as well. I think mine was coming from two different places:

1) The hinge pins at the back of the box where it connects to the frame of the machine. This is a metal on metal connection and on my machine was very tight. I had the box off so when I reinstalled the two hinge pins, I used some lubrication and that seemed to help.

2) The hooks of the dump lever where it connects to the box is also metal on metal and squeaks as well. Some lubrication there helped but didn't solve it completely.

Reactions: crewcabrob

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!