BRed starter gear

W

warreng

Nov 26, 2016
melbourne australia
Ownership

1. Big Red
when starting the muv it sounded like the starter gog was slipping over the starter gear cog ,made a noise but not like a stuck solinoid , put a new starter in and did the samething. pulled the starter gear out and i could not rotate by hand is it meant to or only rotate under working load i pulled it apart to have a look inside all the plates looked fine however i havent been able to get it compressed enough to install the serclip . this is the same part number as the ricon 650 and some other models . these are not very popular here in oz so finding a good mech familular with the muv is hard most just stumbbel through by trial and error then give you a big bill for them to work it out. cheers Warren

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!