chadbo

chadbo

Mama tried
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2015
Seminary , Ms
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Have seen lots of talk about 2nd battery, and I got a good one. Then later I saw more options for less expensive ones.Using a replacement starting battery looks to be 112$ from amazon. Anyone using a less expensive replacement?

Reactions: BWAF and sharp
clifforeilly

clifforeilly

WFOSXS.com
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Oct 22, 2018
Goodhue MN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Have seen lots of talk about 2nd battery, and I got a good one. Then later I saw more options for less expensive ones.Using a replacement starting battery looks to be 112$ from amazon. Anyone using a less expensive replacement?

I just took the one out of my snowmobile , fit perfectly. Don't need to worry about it going bad sitting around all summer. Could not tell you what it is. This is for my secondary battery. My starting battery is the stock original .

Just get something that fits where you want it.

Last edited:
BWAF

BWAF

I get paid to pass gas
Lifetime Member
Jan 24, 2018
Carthage MO
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I'm just running to factory batteries

Sent from my SM-G930U using Tapatalk

S

steve_whiteside

Mar 31, 2019
San Diego
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand
Is the OEM battery underpowered? Or is everyone just looking for redundancy?

Adam490

Adam490

HFA Grand High Wizard
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 7, 2019
Covington, LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R LV
Is the OEM battery underpowered? Or is everyone just looking for redundancy?
Your battery controls the solenoids used to shift the DCT transmission. If you run a winch and a bunch of accessories often, you could drop the voltage low enough to cause the clutches to slip when it doesn't have enough juice to shift. Running any accessories off the 2nd battery with an isolator to prevent the main battery from draining eliminates the chances of you killing/dropping the voltage too low on the main.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!