clifforeilly

WFOSXS.com
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Oct 22, 2018
Goodhue MN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Any other states having debates on what is a legal tire for their trails ? I’m going to be very disappointed if MN decides my new tires are illegal because they can have 44 PSI. We are having some DNR agents pulling people over because they are running light truck tires. “low-pressure" is not defined in the OHV regulations. My new BFGs say right on them “ for ATV/ UTV use only “ . As far as I’m concerned the whole debate is just silly. Don’t they have better things to do ?

Just delete the following from the regulations, problem solved. What the hell difference does it make what my tire pressure is ???

DELETE “low‑pressure or non‑pneumatic” (not filled with or containing compressed air)”

MN DNR OHV REGULATIONS

DEFINITIONS All‑terrain Vehicles (ATVs) have at least three, but no more than six, low‑pressure or non‑pneumatic tires (not filled with or containing compressed air) with a total dry weight less than 2,000 pounds and a total width from outside of tire rim to outside of tire rim that is 65 inches or less. ATVs include Class 1 and Class 2. Dry weight is normally the weight of the vehicle without fluids. Vehicles NOT considered ATVs includes golf carts, mini‑trucks, dune buggies, go carts, or a vehicle designed and used specifically for lawn maintenance, agriculture, logging, or mining purposes. Class 1 ATVs width 50 inches or less. Class 2 ATVs width greater than 50 inches but not more than 65 inches.

clifforeilly

clifforeilly

WFOSXS.com
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Oct 22, 2018
Goodhue MN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
ATV UTV ONLY
Bfgs

D

DDDonkey

Love the look of those tires, it is interesting that every state is different on tires. I don't get why they would care if they are low pressure or LT tires. Who cares for the trails, I was pulled over for not having DOT tires on the road and I get that, but on the trail come on. Seems like the Forest Service should have something better to do.

Reactions: clifforeilly
ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Love the look of those tires, it is interesting that every state is different on tires. I don't get why they would care if they are low pressure or LT tires. Who cares for the trails, I was pulled over for not having DOT tires on the road and I get that, but on the trail come on. Seems like the Forest Service should have something better to do.

Money money money...MONEY!!!!

Reactions: clifforeilly
clifforeilly

clifforeilly

WFOSXS.com
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Oct 22, 2018
Goodhue MN
Ownership

1. 1000-5

Its a mess here in MN. We can ride on almost all county and township roads, and lots of trails.

For some perspective. According to some enforcement officers the mud tire shown is ok for trails and roads in MN but the General Grabber is not ok for either trails or roads because it is a LT tire and you can put 50 PSI in it.
This tire is ok
This tire not ok

What a F-ING JOKE !!! Not only are our enforcement officers wasting resources on this our State Legislature is as well !!

Reactions: Mudwing

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!