P1000m3 Stay stock???

oldaker201

oldaker201

Nov 30, 2021
WV
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Just got a pioneer 1000-3, looking at getting terrabite tires, should I stay stock or what advantages do I get by putting same size all the way around and which size would I get? Same as stock rears

Hillbillytnt

Hillbillytnt

May 2, 2020
Ky
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Just got a pioneer 1000-3, looking at getting terrabite tires, should I stay stock or what advantages do I get by putting same size all the way around and which size would I get? Same as stock rears
[/QUOTE
You rims are 6.5 in front and 8 in rear. You didn’t say if your have 12 of 14 but it’s the same width for both sizes Most after market rims are 7” that’s why most run spacers with aftermarkets. Without them rear is slightly narrower. If you run all four the same you can rotate them. Also makes getting a spare a litt easier and not all tire are made in two sizes like the 9” and 11”. You can use a stock front rim as a spare on front or rear but the stock rears don’t work as well on the front. If you decide to go aftermarket you will need to decide on an offset. Most are either 4+3 or 5+2. I think 5+2 is the most popular because it is closer to the stock set up. In case your wondering stock offset is 5+1.5 and 5+3 and is almost impossible to duplicate with aftermarkets. Aftermarkets will make slight changes in the width of machine so if your close on your trailer or garage or the area you ride in is particular about the width of machines on certain trails keep that in mind. Mine is a base 3 I upgraded to the deluxe 14s but I think I’ll keep it there for awhile.

Robobrainiac

Robobrainiac

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2020
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
You can rotate your tires if wheels and tire size is the same all around which gives you more tread life. It also opens up better options to keep a spare handy. If you go with beadlock wheels then you gain another advantage that will reduce popped beads while trailing.

oldaker201

oldaker201

Nov 30, 2021
WV
Ownership

1. 1000-3
mine has 27-11-12 and 27-9-12, will the 27-11-12 tires work on stock front wheel or do i need to get new wheels

Reactions: Lady01
Scoop

Scoop

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
New wheels! Or it will look goofy

Mickey Mouse is having a nasty divorce with Minnie Mouse.

Mickey spoke to the judge about the separation.

"I'm sorry Mickey, but I can't legally separate you two on the grounds that Minnie is mentally insane..."

Mickey replied, "I didn't say she was mentally insane, I said that she's f***ing Goofy!"

oldaker201

oldaker201

Nov 30, 2021
WV
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Mickey Mouse is having a nasty divorce with Minnie Mouse.

Mickey spoke to the judge about the separation.

"I'm sorry Mickey, but I can't legally separate you two on the grounds that Minnie is mentally insane..."

Mickey replied, "I didn't say she was mentally insane, I said that she's f***ing Goofy!"
and that's how the Frozen princesses came along

E

Ericthered

Eric The Red
Lifetime Member
Nov 6, 2017
Sparks, NV
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I kept the original sizes and a front rim and tire as a spare. No issues of rubbing, needing a lift, or messing with alignment. Stay with the original sizes. Unless you plan on making your Pioneer a money pit. Tires are sold in pairs so you can order what you need.

B

bassackwardzz

Oct 22, 2021
Ontario, Canada
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I could use a bit of advice. I'm looking at replacing my original tires on my 2020 P1000-5 deluxe. The issue that I'm having is that most of the tires seem to have a significantly decreased load capacity to the stock Bighorns. I can't understand how an 8 ply tire could be so much weaker. Are the Bighorn load capacity numbers legit? I was looking at the Kenda HTR's or Maxxis Carnivores for comparison (possibly 28"). Thanks!

Hillbillytnt

Hillbillytnt

May 2, 2020
Ky
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I’m running about 1/2 that on stock 27 x 14” bighorns. More psi makes tires harder and ride rougher less leaves you more prone to pinches and sidewall damage but rides smoother. With more traction.

D

Dasmoeturhead

I ended up putting stock size Terrabites on it today
Tire says like 24 psi, is that a good pressure to run for general gravel roads and trails

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I run stock air pressure in my stock size Terrabites.

Reactions: Lady01

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!