BOX1

Stealth Snorkel Examples - Honda Pioneer 1000

C

Chet

Jun 23, 2017
WV
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Uni Filter 2-stage Angle Pod Filter 58mm I.d. X 102mm Length Up4229ast Amazon.com: Uni Filter 2-stage Angle Pod Filter 58mm I.d. X 102mm Length Up4229ast: Automotive

Heres the filter

2"x 3" fernco coupling
2" pvc street elbow and a short piece of 2" pipe

I turned down the 2" pvc (2.375 OD) to 2.25" OD help the filter go on and off better for maint.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
Did the smaller pipe dia. restrict the air flow and power on your machine?

C

Chet

Jun 23, 2017
WV
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Mdtfc

Mdtfc

Mar 26, 2017
maryland
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I'd like to do one straight off the air Box, up between the bed and seats. Then do away with all the piping up front. Anyone running that style?

Reactions: sharp
joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I'd like to do one straight off the air Box, up between the bed and seats. Then do away with all the piping up front. Anyone running that style?

Check out the white lightning build, snuff did intake like you're describing.

A7e84ca263a723e2912efe908680e97d

Reactions: sharp and Mdtfc
GlockMeister

GlockMeister

The Bearded Wonder
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 11, 2016
Greenville, Mo
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Reactions: sharp
S

Spoof0ne

Aug 8, 2018
New Hampshire
Ownership

1. 1000-5
There have been lots of snorkel examples lately. Figured I would add another.
You will also find this same option and a few other in the DIY Snorkel thread here - DIY Snorkel
]

Hi Hondasxs,

Have you installed a dual battery after this? Did the snorkel affect the install?

Also, any issues with the hood rattling after removing the stock set up with the rubber stopper?

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5
No and no.
No rattles from loosing that support.
Dual battery is on the list but I really dont have that many accessories to need it. Many say get it for the winch, but I never get stuck. Lol.

I have the isolater already. Guess I'll wait till my battery runs dead out all alone on the trail before it gets put in. It will happen one day. Hahah.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

M

Mollie46

Feb 18, 2019
AZ
Ownership

1. 1000-5
There have been lots of snorkel examples lately. Figured I would add another.
You will also find this same option and a few other in the DIY Snorkel thread here - DIY Snorkel

This style I am calling a stealth snorkel because it requires no modification to the the unit and can be easily reverted in a few seconds. The only issue I personally have is a prefilter but several users have found a solution. I will post those also.

Supple list :
Insulation is easy.
  • Remove the black cover.
  • Install the silicone reducer
  • Insert the hose
  • Run the line. I ran mine center between a metal bar up under the dash.
It was a tight fit so I did not see a need for a clamp. But if you don't check your rig often you should consider a hose clamp or something. I also found no need to seal the hose. It too was a tight fit and I see very little probability of water getting past it.

I never have plans to go this deep. But I have found myself fairly deep by mistake. I also like to run through creeks fast on a hot summer day and after hearing about all the water entry trouble I figured this might save me a hefty bill.

View attachment 22448
View attachment 22455
View attachment 22456
What filter did you install on the tubing?

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!