P1000 Steering wheel not straight after a bump

B

Bones

Dec 10, 2017
Bourbon Mo.
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hello All,
Did some trail riding a few weeks ago and now notice I have to clock my steering wheel to drive straight. I did hit on the passenger front but wouldn't think hard enough to bend or knock anything out of line. Can I adjust it out?
Thanks

Reactions: sharp
Ragnar406

Ragnar406

The Great Bald One
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 5, 2016
Bella Vista, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hello All,
Did some trail riding a few weeks ago and now notice I have to clock my steering wheel to drive straight. I did hit on the passenger front but wouldn't think hard enough to bend or knock anything out of line. Can I adjust it out?
Thanks
Might want to take a look at the tie rod to make sure you did not put a bend in that

Tigermark

Tigermark

Outside looking in.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Hello All,
Thanks
Like @Ragnar406 said, check the tie rods to see if you bent one. If no bend, turn your steering wheel until it’s straight and look down the side of the machine and try and determine what side is out of adjustment, then make your adjustment on the tie rod.

Reactions: sharp and Ragnar406
B

Bones

Dec 10, 2017
Bourbon Mo.
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Like @Ragnar406 said, check the tie rods to see if you bent one. If no bend, turn your steering wheel until it’s straight and look down the side of the machine and try and determine what side is out of adjustment, then make your adjustment on the tie rod.

Tiger, you were right. I looked at it from the front and see it was toed out on the passenger front. A few turns on the tie rod link and now have a straight wheel again. thanks for your input.

knuckledeep

knuckledeep

my trailer queen is trashy
Lifetime Member
Dec 16, 2015
Eustis florida
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Tiger, you were right. I looked at it from the front and see it was toed out on the passenger front. A few turns on the tie rod link and now have a straight wheel again. thanks for your input.
make sure the nuts that hold the tie rods tp the knuckle are tight they can come loose and mess up your steering

P

Perk

Sep 11, 2018
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Had to reset the alignment
On mine pretty easy to do

Reactions: Bones

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!