Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I'd be willing to come help if we can ever match up on off days! I've been thinking I need to bring my trailer over to your place and see if you can help me spot weld my wire mesh on the ramp. it was only welded in a couple of places so they are overstressed. one weld already popped loose.
I work weekend days now and get home around 8pm. If you can't make it during the week, stop by after work on the weekend. Won't take long to weld that up.

Reactions: PioneerPete
Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
A 3rd option literally just now came to mind. I could make a removable spare carrier like Joey's and also make the rear bumper removable also. Cause I'd never need both of them at the same time. Whacha think Pioneer planet?

PioneerPete

PioneerPete

Lifetime Member
Jan 3, 2016
Chattanooga, TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
When @Delton and I rode Bull Run, my pioneer broke thru the expanded metal on my trailer. It can be quite dangerous.
I could see where it might suck falling into the gaps in the framing. Mine isn't too bad yet, I've only noticed one broken weld. but it needs about twice as many spot welds as it came with. may just go ahead and run a few more angle pieces across the framing to reduce the span of the mesh material.

PioneerPete

PioneerPete

Lifetime Member
Jan 3, 2016
Chattanooga, TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
A 3rd option literally just now came to mind. I could make a removable spare carrier like Joey's and also make the rear bumper removable also. Cause I'd never need both of them at the same time. Whacha think Pioneer planet?
sounds like a worthy endeavor. it would keep weight down, but would complicate the fabrication in some way...

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I could see where it might suck falling into the gaps in the framing. Mine isn't too bad yet, I've only noticed one broken weld. but it needs about twice as many spot welds as it came with. may just go ahead and run a few more angle pieces across the framing to reduce the span of the mesh material.
I made a gate for my 5x8 and added extra square tubing to brace the mesh. He's very lucky it didn't cut down a tire

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
sounds like a worthy endeavor. it would keep weight down, but would complicate the fabrication in some way...
I'll ponder it a while lol. I don't see much free time any time soon so no hurry to start.

PioneerPete

PioneerPete

Lifetime Member
Jan 3, 2016
Chattanooga, TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I made a gate for my 5x8 and added extra square tubing to brace the mesh. He's very lucky it didn't cut down a tire
I'll see how this next weekend shapes up. I feel like I spend way more time modifying this thing than I spend actually riding it! I'm sure you understand my frustration as you've done your share of mods too.

Reactions: Delton
Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I'll see how this next weekend shapes up. I feel like I spend way more time modifying this thing than I spend actually riding it! I'm sure you understand my frustration as you've done your share of mods too.
I sure do know that feeling. Couple of weeks ago I had spent so much time working on it I didn't even want to look at it lol. I'm over it now lol. Gotta stop every now and then to enjoy the ride

Reactions: PioneerPete