P500 Stock skid plate material

jphunter55

jphunter55

May 7, 2017
Indian River County, Fl.
Ownership

1. 500
Does anyone know what kind of plastic the stock P5 skid plate is made of? I replaced mine with UHMV , and was wondering if I could use the stock plate to fab up some A-arm guards. Will it bend like UHMV if heated.

Thanks

Reactions: bobbyhill
ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thin HDPE, probably keep small stuff out. Probably bend far better than UHMW, UHMW has a tendency to disintegrate if you get it over about 240F. HDPE is slightly more stable

Reactions: JTW
HUCK

HUCK

Lifetime Member
Jun 21, 2016
ARIZONA
Ownership

1. 500

2. Talon X
Just dont get it too hot , Cut to approximate size have p5 up so u can get to it ,heat in oven , use welders gloves , take to p5 and bend to form you want . Much easier with 2 people . Much easier to buy them but .........

Alan aka Davinci

Alan aka Davinci

Mr. Meme Master
Lifetime Member
Apr 25, 2015
Grand Junction, CO
Ownership

1. 500
Does anyone know what kind of plastic the stock P5 skid plate is made of? I replaced mine with UHMV , and was wondering if I could use the stock plate to fab up some A-arm guards. Will it bend like UHMV if heated.

Thanks
They are made out of recycled Coke bottles.

bobbyhill

bobbyhill

Pay to Play and I'm broke all around!
Junior Moderator
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Apr 8, 2015
Smithfield, VA
Ownership

1. 700-4

Thanks
Did you make attempt?

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!