KyGal83

KyGal83

Duchess Sheldon, Daisy, KGB, Natasha, SNS
Lifetime Member
Feb 3, 2021
Kentucky
Ownership

1. 500
Perfect, one week to try to understand the directions, next week to try to apply instructions, following week throw instructions out the window and get started, next week finish up and test! Good luck!
Sounds about right .. as long as I stay clear of the “grape juice” and “fire water” while trying to figure out instructions.. Otherwise add another week.

waynester

waynester

Feb 19, 2022
Ga, USA
Ownership

1. 520
Careful on superatv skid plate, If you follow their online instructions you will get this IMO unacceptable outcome... 6 @ 3/4+ protruding Inbox 4 521 waynester58 gmail com Gmail20220507 103005 resized20220507 103023 resized20220507 103126 resizedspikes, problem for many reasons

KyGal83

KyGal83

Lifetime Member
Feb 3, 2021
Kentucky
Ownership

1. 500
Skidplate went on today.. fit was pretty good. 3 of 4 of the plates are a perfect fit. There are a couple of areas that needed some modifications on the main plate directly under the seat area. I will try to post pictures tomorrow.
Also got my front bumper on, oil changed and moose hitch installed. Loved my P5 already but love it more now..

Last edited:
trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Skidplate went on today.. fit was pretty good. 3 of 4 of the plates are a perfect fit. There are a couple of areas that need some modifications on the main plate directly under the seat area. I will try to post pictures tomorrow.
Also got my front bumper on, oil changed and moose hitch installed. Loved my P5 already but love it more now..

Damn, sounds like you've been busting some knuckles! 👍

KyGal83

KyGal83

Lifetime Member
Feb 3, 2021
Kentucky
Ownership

1. 500
Damn, sounds like you've been busting some knuckles! 👍
I was mostly handing tools to Futzin, who graciously offered to help and ended up doing 99.99% of the work. A lot was accomplished for sure, it was a full day of wrenching! I have several more items on my list I plan to do the next couple days.

KyGal83

KyGal83

Lifetime Member
Feb 3, 2021
Kentucky
Ownership

1. 500
Careful on superatv skid plate, If you follow their online instructions you will get this IMO unacceptable outcome... 6 @ 3/4+ protruding View attachment 333128View attachment 333130spikes, problem for many reasons

Definitely an issue… Nearly lost one of mine at TO. To be fair this is the result of taking a very hard drop on a rock ledge. However sticking out as they do makes them vonorable to damage and ultimately failure.

View attachment 338956

Also gave the skid plate a nasty scrape on a rock at about 7 or 8 mph, hit very almost caused me a dead stop. The stock skid would have ripped open like a paper bag. So I will give the SuperATV skid .. 2 thumbs up. Price is right.. Just remember if you are ordering for P500 .. you will need to slightly modify it.

View attachment 338958

SuperATV

SuperATV

Vendor
Dec 5, 2013
Madison, IN
www.superatv.com
Definitely an issue… Nearly lost one of mine at TO. To be fair this is the result of taking a very hard drop on a rock ledge. However sticking out as they do makes them vonorable to damage and ultimately failure.

View attachment 338956

Also gave the skid plate a nasty scrape on a rock at about 7 or 8 mph, hit very almost caused me a dead stop. The stock skid would have ripped open like a paper bag. So I will give the SuperATV skid .. 2 thumbs up. Price is right.. Just remember if you are ordering for P500 .. you will need to slightly modify it.

View attachment 338958
Thanks @KYgal83 !
The shop that installed his skid definitely put the button bolts in from the top...upside down.

EAcgutnhQG TGYZbibRf1iR nc htscontentflaf1 1

Reactions: crewcabrob
J80

J80

Lifetime Member
Dec 29, 2018
WNC

View attachment 338956

View attachment 338958
Don’t buy @SuperATV horn cause there’s no hope there 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

KyGal83

KyGal83

Lifetime Member
Feb 3, 2021
Kentucky
Ownership

1. 500
Thanks @KYgal83 !
The shop that installed his skid definitely put the button bolts in from the top...upside down.

View attachment 339039
Installed my bolts the same way.. from the top. I felt like they were incorrect… but I followed the instructions that came with my skid plate.. and it calls for them to be installed in this way.

FEEC6EBA 2D11 4281 AAEC B30E60E6CD13

SuperATV

SuperATV

Vendor
Dec 5, 2013
Madison, IN
www.superatv.com
Installed my bolts the same way.. from the top. I felt like they were incorrect… but I followed the instructions that came with my skid plate.. and it calls for them to be installed in this way.

View attachment 339083
Yep, I'll see if my guy that makes the instructions can figure out a different way to show that image.

Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Yep, I'll see if my guy that makes the instructions can figure out a different way to show that image.
Something in the model is incorrect on that view.
The other views in the manual are correct. I definitely see where an inexperienced assembler would follow direction over experience.

M

Maine Farmer

Jul 16, 2022
ME
Ownership

1. 500

View attachment 338956

View attachment 338958
Do you still have pics of the mods to make the plates work on the p500? The links in the post don’t work anymore. Looking to add the plates after having a stick come through the floorboards on a woods run…. Not having that happen again!

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!