Land of the free because of the Brave! 🇺🇸
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 18, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hey guys, I’m trying to figure out if I need to replace my stock tires before the takeover. They have 200 miles on them as of yesterday and seem to hook up pretty good when going forward, not so much in reverse backing up hill. With all the accessories I’m wanting to do, I’m trying to prioritize what’s the most important. The other problem is I can’t just buy tires, I’ll buy wheels as well and I know it lol. So here are my top mods I’m wanting to do, what order would you guys execute this list to get a stock 700-4 ready for the takeover? How many on you guys went with the same size tires on all for corners as opposed to narrow in the front?

1. Winch
2. Battery upgrade (a better single or dual)
3. Wheels and tires
4. Sound bar
5. Light bars
5. Bumpers (front and rear)

Thanks for the input

allgm1

allgm1

Lifetime Member
Mar 7, 2015
New Hampshire
It looks like you have your priorities straight. Certainly put a winch on first. I ran the stock tires for 1800 miles before I changed them. I had a nice side wall puncture that I had repaired at about 500 miles that never gave me any problems too. I ended up going an inch wider than stock all the way around and up to 26" when I put the rip saws on. I went with narrower tires in front just to keep the steering effort down.

Russ989

Russ989

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 18, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
It looks like you have your priorities straight. Certainly put a winch on first. I ran the stock tires for 1800 miles before I changed them. I had a nice side wall puncture that I had repaired at about 500 miles that never gave me any problems too. I ended up going an inch wider than stock all the way around and up to 26" when I put the rip saws on. I went with narrower tires in front just to keep the steering effort down.
Yeah I agree, the stock tires seem pretty good compared to the turds that came on my 500. The 500 stockers were a priority to get replaced lol.

Mudwing

Mudwing

Lifetime Member
Jul 9, 2017
The Mud holes
Ownership

1. 700-4
I’m a big fan of V treads. My stockers have about 800 miles on them. A little wear on the rear from spinning them in 2WD. The fronts look almost new. I ride woods, rocks and mud. I’m gonna ride these out, then look at buying the GBC dirt devils. Very similar tread pattern.

Backwoods

Backwoods

Ambassador of Crocs / Speaker of truth & facts /
Lifetime Member
Mar 2, 2018
Douglasville ga
Ownership

1. 700-2
I’m a big fan of V treads. My stockers have about 800 miles on them. A little wear on the rear from spinning them in 2WD. The fronts look almost new. I ride woods, rocks and mud. I’m gonna ride these out, then look at buying the GBC dirt devils. Very similar tread pattern.
STI slasher are the same tread are 6 ply and you can get them in 26 inch I think.

Reactions: Russ989
Deluxe700

Deluxe700

Lifetime Member
Jul 2, 2017
Central Arkansas
Ownership

1. 700-2

I only went about 20 miles on my stock tires before replacing them. Not because I didn’t like them but because I went to larger size Rip Saw tires.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Reactions: Mudwing and swsebek
tjoreo

tjoreo

Lifetime Member
Feb 18, 2015
Southern Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I had about 1000 miles before I upgraded mine. The fronts were about half wore out, but we drive our rig alot on paved roads and around town. I actually put them on my foreman and they still are lasting well.

Russ989

Russ989

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 18, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I had about 1000 miles before I upgraded mine. The fronts were about half wore out, but we drive our rig alot on paved roads and around town. I actually put them on my foreman and they still are lasting well.
Seems they are pretty good tires, I might just keep them on for the takeover and replace them later. This Honda hobby is getting expensive, it might be worse than duck hunting lol.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!