P1000 Storage shed?

R

ryjack70ss

Aug 17, 2018
St. Louis
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hey everyone. I live on a corner lot. It is decent size, but since on the corner, the backyard and side yard are very small. I cannot add on to my garage because of set backs. I was wondering if anyone uses a small storage shed to store their Pioneer 1000-5? Our ordinances allow up to 120 sf, so I was thinking 10x12ft. My only other option is to build a roof off the back of the garage, lean to style. Or, I guess i could just keep it on the open trailer with a cover on it. I have it in the garage now, but would like to park my car in there again.

Thanks for any advice or options.

RJ

Reactions: sharp
ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hey everyone. I live on a corner lot. It is decent size, but since on the corner, the backyard and side yard are very small. I cannot add on to my garage because of set backs. I was wondering if anyone uses a small storage shed to store their Pioneer 1000-5? Our ordinances allow up to 120 sf, so I was thinking 10x12ft. My only other option is to build a roof off the back of the garage, lean to style. Or, I guess i could just keep it on the open trailer with a cover on it. I have it in the garage now, but would like to park my car in there again.

RJ

Enclosed trailer??? Then it can be whatever size you want...

Reactions: JTW
R

ryjack70ss

Aug 17, 2018
St. Louis
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thanks. Know of any that are just big enough to fit the pioneer in? I don't want something 20 ft. I think the trailer is a good idea and I could park it next to the garage and not piss off the neighbors. Thanks again.

Reactions: ohanacreek
S

Someguy

Jun 15, 2016
Krakow Wi.
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Thanks. Know of any that are just big enough to fit the pioneer in? I don't want something 20 ft. I think the trailer is a good idea and I could park it next to the garage and not piss off the neighbors. Thanks again.
There are some threads on enclosed trailers 12x7. Don't knowkwhat sizes are available, youneed a door about 7ft high. As far as a storage shed 10x12 would work. I am considering one myself.

O

oldfortyfive

Lifetime Member
Dec 6, 2015
Illinois
Ownership

1. 500
Consider renting a storage unit stall. I actually have an empty lot, but when I considered what the taxes and building costs would be for me in communist Illinois it's been a better deal to rent. I use it to open up space in garage for the P500. My trailer and stuff is in the stall about 4 blocks away.

Jun 21, 2018
Kansas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have a 10x14 portable shed with a 6.5’ door that works great for UTVS. I used it for 3yrs until we moved to a house with a 3 car garage. It now houses the Grizzly and the Gravely.

I don’t know about other states but in Kansas you can’t be taxed on a building that’s not permanently attached to the ground.

jwfirebird

jwfirebird

Sep 23, 2018
western ny
Ownership

1. 700-2
been looking into this lately, the portables I don't think last with the wind and snow we get, fixed sheds the doors are barely bigger than a lawn mower. unless you get one of the expensive but real nice amish buildings. but 10-12 would be like 3k and the payment scam they got is double divided by 4 years. trailers are nice too the best looking thing IMO but 6ft 6 tall trailer 4500, 7ft is 5k. there are also open carports but the smallest one I have come across is 10x15, obviously bigger but I think I am going to get this and put it behind the house, its pretty close for me is 144 square feet. arrow has cloth enclosures or you can get some panels from home depot to keep the snow out
Arrow Steel Carport 10 x 15 ft. Carport at Tractor Supply Co.

alloutdoors

alloutdoors

Jan 21, 2018
US
Ownership

1. 500

2. 700-4

3. Do not currently own
alloutdoors

alloutdoors

Jan 21, 2018
US
Ownership

1. 500

2. 700-4

3. Do not currently own

RJ
link from St Louis craigslist, st louis for sale "enclosed trailer" - craigslist

jwfirebird

jwfirebird

Sep 23, 2018
western ny
Ownership

1. 700-2
if it doesn't say +6 or extra height it 6ft and door is 5ft6, not getting utv in that

advertisement
O

oldfortyfive

Lifetime Member
Dec 6, 2015
Illinois
Ownership

1. 500
I have a 10x14 portable shed with a 6.5’ door that works great for UTVS. I used it for 3yrs until we moved to a house with a 3 car garage. It now houses the Grizzly and the Gravely.

I don’t know about other states but in Kansas you can’t be taxed on a building that’s not permanently attached to the ground.

I needed more room, plus it's in town so that ruled out a pole building. A two car garage would add about $800/yr to my property taxes.

Jun 21, 2018
Kansas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
This is what I have but with a barn style roof. Plywood floor, can be insulated and heated and it’s not attached to the dirt so no tax implications. They can be purchased with a monthly payment that’s comparable to the price of renting.
Upload 2019 3 28 9 12 29

Redmoon

Redmoon

Feb 21, 2019
Prescott Az.
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Tuff Shed: Storage Sheds Delivered - Custom Structures

If you have access to Tuff Shed I would consider them. They are set on concrete blocks or footer pads, so not considered a permanent structure. They build a 10' x 12' to meet your code requirement. And they will make the door opening whatever size you would like and then you can install whatever door that you like. The photo above is a great example. Or a weekend with some handy friends and a case of beer should get you a framed, roofed and sided building set on concrete pier pads. Easy.

R

ryjack70ss

Aug 17, 2018
St. Louis
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Those are all great ideas. I kind of like the enclosed trailer. Anyone know what the 1000-5 will fit in? Looks like the height is going to be the biggest issue. The sheds are nice and my family has construction skills and could build one, but I worry it would need to be larger than our ordinances allow (120 sf).

jwfirebird

jwfirebird

Sep 23, 2018
western ny
Ownership

1. 700-2
have to be custom built I imagine, the smallish size and height are normally you can only get a 6ft or 5 and a half ft door on a small shed. the trailer is good 7ft would be best they are normally 6.5 dr height, just aren't cheap, around here 7x14 or 16 7 tall is 5-6k

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!