L2R

L2R

Understanding women Vol. 1
Lifetime Member
Feb 16, 2019
East of the Appalachians
Ownership

1. 700-4
need some storage ideas. Want to do some day rides with wife and mutt.
I would like a bigger cooler but I can get by but I need a place to keep the helmets for places that require them.

I have too many projects in play now so don't want to spend money if I don't have to.
sat up last night and sketched up some ideas. Just don't want the helmets banging around hanging from a hook.

Day tripper 1
Day tripper 2

Reactions: monaco
Alan_Vander

Alan_Vander

Mar 19, 2019
rosepine,la
Ownership

1. 700-4
2 seater or 4?

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

L2R

L2R

Lifetime Member
Feb 16, 2019
East of the Appalachians
Ownership

1. 700-4
I hadn't thought about that area either. It might be the best place for the scissors jack to free up some more space.
now I have to go take more measurements.

As for the sketches, they are all cool and serve the purpose. I was getting ready to model up a shelf to divide the cubic space in the cargo area and decided to model up this instead to see if I even needed a shelf.

So, I am close and think these ideas will help me make it with what I have.

Lots of good folks here and lots of good ideas too-thanks!

Last edited:
DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
I hadn't thought about that area either. It might be the best place for the scissors jack to free up some more space.
now I have to go take more measurements.

As for the sketches, they are all cool and serve the purpose. I was getting ready to model up a shelf to divide the cubic space in the cargo area and decided to model up this instead to see if I even needed a shelf.

So, I am close and think these ideas will help me make it with what I have.

Lots of good folks here and lots of good ideas too-thanks!
I used to keep a tool bag in there. The only caveat is that stuff will get really dusty.

DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
A couple of other areas I thought about with the 700 were the doors and roof.

I had considered cutting a section out of the inner panels of the doors and adding an opening like you might see on a glove box. The 700 doors are decently thick, so you could get tools or a 1st aid kit in there for sure. Some of the 1000 guys have now done this.

Another area was the under the roof. The area between the roof and roll cage. I kept a cargo net stretched out overhead and stored jackets, blankets, or sleeping bags up there. Anything light. But I had always envisioned a couple of light-weight plastic boxes moulded to fit the roof and cage area while staying above the occupants head line. Just an area for light-weight items in an unused space (unless you have a sound bar).

Last edited:
Reactions: Mudwing and L2R
100Acre

100Acre

Samsquinch the Terrible Magic Bean Manipulator
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 25, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I use another dimension to store all my extra stuff. It’s right behind the peanut butter.

100Acre

100Acre

Samsquinch the Terrible Magic Bean Manipulator
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 25, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Using farm raised jellyfish

Reactions: Mudwing and L2R
L2R

L2R

Lifetime Member
Feb 16, 2019
East of the Appalachians
Ownership

1. 700-4
I keep some basic tools, first aid kit, zip ties, etc. in a Rigid tool box, that is dust prove.
It fits fine in my Jeep but didn't think about how big it is for the SXS until I modeled this up.

It has a latch system to attach it to other Rigid boxes. Be sweet if I could piggy back that
onto the gas can or mount it similarly onto the back of the tailgate like the gas can. That would allow for a bigger cooler.
Hmmmm....

I may go ahead and model up the shelf and just see what that looks like.
I agree on light weight items easily pulled down.

If I were in another dimension, I would have pull out drawers with a horizontal hinge that would allow the drawer to pull out and then down so you could see everything and have access at chest level so I could see the peanut butter and jelly.

I enjoy creating things in 3D, if I just had a sugar Momma to bankroll the materials, a 3D printer, bender and roller, I would be all set.

Always helps to brainstorm, thanks for comments.

Reactions: Mudwing
L2R

L2R

Lifetime Member
Feb 16, 2019
East of the Appalachians
Ownership

1. 700-4
I have a mig welder. I did ok with a stick welder many years ago. I suck with a mig welder and need to just sit down and weld on scrap until I get better. Finding time to do that isn't easy to find but I may do just that this Winster and a swing away would be awesome.

Theron

Theron

Sep 30, 2013
Anchorage Alaska
Ownership

1. 700-4
I have a mig welder. I did ok with a stick welder many years ago. I suck with a mig welder and need to just sit down and weld on scrap until I get better. Finding time to do that isn't easy to find but I may do just that this Winster and a swing away would be awesome.
Mig is pretty easy. Even the cheap box store migs are easy to use. Its just a matter of getting the settings right and I suggest using shielding gas vs innershield wire. I built the tire carrier with only a cheap mig and an angle grinder.

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!