Storage under driver's seat?

B

Boundertom

Dec 12, 2020
AZ
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon R
I have been searching my new machine (and this forum) for storage ideas. For such a big machine, Honda didn't give us much storage space! I like to haul a lot of crap! I have the 32" Tractor Supply box in the bed, but I would like to reserve that mostly for a cooler, extra clothes, rain gear, etc. Anyway, there is a decent amount of space under the driver's seat. I realize that under the rubber flap are the computers, and an intimidating number of wires. :eek: My first thought, and the easiest, is to just find a bag that fits in there. I could store relatively soft, light things like a recovery rope, soft shackles, small tarp, etc. A bin could be made to fit in the main part of this space, and hung from the seat support tubes. That could be used for heavier things, like tools, but would be much more work. I didn't find any mention of this space in my searches, so I was wondering if anyone had any ideas for using this space?

I will probably get a bag for between the seats, and maybe some overhead bags. I have a Super ATV rear window coming, and I will need so see how well those accessories would play with the window. I might get the EMP under hood box, although it seems pretty pricey for what it is. And I will probably be doing the ammo can on the right rear.

Thanks!

Tom

Reactions: TxDoc
HUCK

HUCK

Lifetime Member
Jun 21, 2016
ARIZONA
Ownership

1. 500

2. Talon X
I have Satv back window, between the seats storage bag, and the roof storage bags . These give me plenty of storage along with the glove box . They have some nice bags that hold a lot of stuff that fit in the upper roll bar on each side , behind the back window too . I have a friend with them but heck I don't even have anything in my passenger side roof bag .

Reactions: Boundertom
CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
I'd make a hard, perforated shelf that would prevent anything breaking wires - perforated because I don't have any idea how warm the electronics under there get during a ride. Then you could 'stuff it full' without a surprise down the road.

highpocket74

highpocket74

Vendor
Jul 2, 2019
Kinder, Louisiana
www.10-80dirtsports.com
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
Underseat storage has been on my list for a while I just haven't gotten to work on it. An aluminum compartment would be so handy for things like a tow strap and winch remote that's currently stored in my full glove box.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!