P500 Street Legal Kit

O

oldfortyfive

Lifetime Member
Dec 6, 2015
Illinois
Ownership

1. 500
I looked at that some time back. The issue is to make it all work you'll need to spend some time making up light mounting brackets and hardware. I decided it wasn't needed bad enough.

Reactions: Montecresto
K

Kirkl

Jul 13, 2015
E. WA
I looked at that some time back. The issue is to make it all work you'll need to spend some time making up light mounting brackets and hardware. I decided it wasn't needed bad enough.

I emailed them and they said its easy to install. Im just gonna rig it up quick to make it work for certification then work on it later.

iowaguy

iowaguy

Lifetime Member
Sep 22, 2014
Eastern Iowa
Ownership

1. Other Brand
I emailed them and they said its easy to install. Im just gonna rig it up quick to make it work for certification then work on it later.
This is what I came up with ,$30.00 and 30 minutes, I don't know if it would meet the requirements of mandatory turn signals, but where I ride they aren't required on roadways I just put these on for added safety for myself
XMAS2013   WIN 20160606 161139

K

Kirkl

Jul 13, 2015
E. WA
Rustell,

Did you drill into the plastic to mount those? I was hoping to stay away from that and rig something up. You have a picture of the front lights?

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
So are these things street legal anywhere in the US?

K

Kirkl

Jul 13, 2015
E. WA
So are these things street legal anywhere in the US?

No I dont think so. We have certain roads in WA state where we can ride them if they are street legal (mirrors, turn signals, horn, brake lights). We can dump out at a spot and go ride for hundreds of miles. Just pull into small towns and gas up and continue on.

advertisement
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
No I dont think so. We have certain roads in WA state where we can ride them if they are street legal (mirrors, turn signals, horn, brake lights). We can dump out at a spot and go ride for hundreds of miles. Just pull into small towns and gas up and continue on.
Ok, I guess that includes insurance. I'll see if I can check my states for that.

R

Rustell

Rustell,

Did you drill into the plastic to mount those? I was hoping to stay away from that and rig something up. You have a picture of the front lights?
Yes...you need to drill a small hole.. On the rear I have a running/brake light to the outside and a turn signal to the inside. Also, here in Washington a license plate light is required. You can see that mounted on my storage box. The front is just a turn signal. I took these pics while it was flashing. Took a couple of trys to get it right. I have two switches on the dash for the turn signals. I didn't want to mess with a colum mounted switch because of the paddle shifters. That little button in the upper left is for the horn. Rear lights Front turn signal Turn signal switches

Last edited:
Reactions: Dp5hunter
K

Kirkl

Jul 13, 2015
E. WA
Yes...you need to drill a small hole.. On the rear I have a running/brake light to the outside and a turn signal to the inside. Also, here in Washington a license plate light is required. You can see that mounted on my storage box. The front is just a turn signal. I took these pics while it was flashing. Took a couple of trys to get it right. I have two switches on the dash for the turn signals. I didn't want to mess with a colum mounted switch because of the paddle shifters. That little button in the upper left is for the horn. View attachment 17194 View attachment 17195 View attachment 17196

Thanks for the info. Did you run it to your battery for power or would the honda sub accesory harness work to grab power from up in the front of the machine? I have one i havent used yet.

Thanks

R

Rustell

I used the accesory harness ...quite handy.
For the tail lights and brake , I tapped into the rear factory tail light because I wanted the lights to work off the headlight switch.

K

Kirkl

Jul 13, 2015
E. WA
I used the accesory harness ...quite handy.
For the tail lights and brake , I tapped into the rear factory tail light because I wanted the lights to work off the headlight switch.

I see your in skagit county. You wanna just run over to Yakima and do mine since your an expert now? lol. I grew up in Ferndale btw.

Reactions: Rustell
R

Rustell

I was somewhat intimidated at first... but once you get started it becomes quite easy.
I will wave when we pass thru Yakima on our way to Idaho in a few weeks..

Reactions: Montecresto
K

Kirkl

Jul 13, 2015
E. WA
I was somewhat intimidated at first... but once you get started it becomes quite easy.
I will wave when we pass thru Yakima on our way to Idaho in a few weeks..

One more questions. Where did you run the harness from front to back?

HUCK

HUCK

Lifetime Member
Jun 21, 2016
ARIZONA
Ownership

1. 500

2. Talon X
Not sure what you guys use for this but I highly recommend EZturnsignals . Cisco has everything you need ,reasonably priced . I have bought street legal kits , turn signal kits and others . He sells led stuff so very low current draw and everything comes with step by step instructions and pictures . If you need more help he (Cisco , the owner) is available by phone and email to help you. www.ezturnsignalkit.com

Last edited by a moderator:
K

Kirkl

Jul 13, 2015
E. WA
Not sure what you guys use for this but I highly recommend EZturnsignals . Cisco has everything you need ,reasonably priced . I have bought street legal kits , turn signal kits and others . He sells led stuff so very low current draw and everything comes with step by step instructions and pictures . If you need more help he (Cisco , the owner) is available by phone and email to help you .www.ezturnsignalkit.com

#19 HUCK, A moment ago

I looked at that website, it was confusing to me trying to find what I needed. That kit i posted earlier was really easy to install also.

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!