Street legal

R

Revrox

Supporting Member
Sep 25, 2018
Pa
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I did a body code change on my 1000 to a mini-truck. So similar to a farm vehicle. I have street plates on it currently. I can drive it anywhere in Ohio where a county does not specifically outlaw it. As long as I stay off the state routes and interstate. No one bothers me.
How did you change it to a mini truck?

Last edited:
R

Revrox

Supporting Member
Sep 25, 2018
Pa
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Did you do it online or call a DMV in SD and have the paperwork mailed to you? I would like to have it all done electronically without paying dirtlegal $400 if it was simple as doing it on a website.
I printed all the forms online. Google Minnehaha county treasurer's office and call them. They are one of the few counties that deal with non resident registration. They will walk you through the form process and you will mail them to them. They will then call you for your credit card info. I recieved my plate in about a week after they recieved my forms.

Reactions: Montecresto
Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
How did you change it to a mini truck?
Ohio has a DPS form you fill out and have a police officer inspect and sign off on. I had a write up on FB in the Ohio Pioneer page that was a mostly step by step way to change everything over and get street plates.

Buggyman

Buggyman

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 3, 2020
ne. ohio
Ownership

1. 700-2
I did a body code change on my 1000 to a mini-truck. So similar to a farm vehicle. I have street plates on it currently. I can drive it anywhere in Ohio where a county does not specifically outlaw it. As long as I stay off the state routes and interstate. No one bothers me.
hello ohio brother I'am very interested in making my 700-2 street legal just so I don't have to worry around the neighborhood. I saved a link to a dmv form that I think you had posted somewhere else. any more info u have would b most helpful I live in summit county so I don't know what there law is THANK YOU.

Reactions: Neohio and Mudwing
L

LarryAmboy

May 14, 2017
Castalian Springs, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5
What I'm really wondering is has anyone driven an ATV or UTV with a SD registration on public roads in states where this is prohibited and gotten away with it?

I can confirm that we have ridden on the roads in multiple states with no issues.

In Florida where we live we ride anywhere we want except the freeway. We have had Sheriffs pull-up beside and rubberneck looking at the plate andthen just drive on. Even spoke with a couple of local deputies they made the comment “well I guess that works”.

Looking forward to the day when I can get it registered here in Florida. It’s been registered in SD since 2016, so I may try getting it registered here later this year.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
hello ohio brother I'am very interested in making my 700-2 street legal just so I don't have to worry around the neighborhood. I saved a link to a dmv form that I think you had posted somewhere else. any more info u have would b most helpful I live in summit county so I don't know what there law is THANK YOU.
Shoot me a pm with what you need to know. I think you said you were in the Akron area? I wouldn't drive downtown with it, but if you are just outside of Akron in the more rural communities, you should be fine.

Reactions: Mudwing
Buggyman

Buggyman

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 3, 2020
ne. ohio
Ownership

1. 700-2
Shoot me a pm with what you need to know. I think you said you were in the Akron area? I wouldn't drive downtown with it, but if you are just outside of Akron in the more rural communities, you should be fine.
live on akron ,Barberton line near old rolling acres mall.i can't see the akron police signing off on the dps1373 or even being willing to do it but u never know. how do u do a pm. thank u for ur time.

Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
live on akron ,Barberton line near old rolling acres mall.i can't see the akron police signing off on the dps1373 or even being willing to do it but u never know. how do u do a pm. thank u for ur time.
It has to be signed off my ANY Ohio police officer. Doesn't even need to be someone from your county.
I had a Jefferson police officer in Ashtabula county inspect and sign off on mine.
I live in Lake county an hour away from their department.

PM is private message/conversation.
This link will explain better than I ever will.
Private Messaging/Conversations FAQs

Reactions: Buggyman
Buggyman

Buggyman

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 3, 2020
ne. ohio
Ownership

1. 700-2
It has to be signed off my ANY Ohio police officer. Doesn't even need to be someone from your county.
I had a Jefferson police officer in Ashtabula county inspect and sign off on mine.
I live in Lake county an hour away from their department.

PM is private message/conversation.
This link will explain better than I ever will.
Private Messaging/Conversations FAQs
I will check the link out again thank u for everything u r very helpful.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!