William

William

If you ain’t first, you’re last...
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
Flowood MS
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I’m thinking of starting the process of making my pioneer street legal. Dirt legal. Com claims they can make me legal... In Mississippi. Looks like what they do is change my title over to another state that it is legal to ride on street, reclassify it as a motorcycle or something, then I can swap that to a tag in my state. If my state won’t take it, I can just renew online yearly for whatever state it is titled in... Then just add turn signals, dot tires, side mirrors, and tag mount with light and I’m good... Supposedly..... What y’all think?

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I’m thinking of starting the process of making my pioneer street legal. Dirt legal. Com claims they can make me legal... In Mississippi. Looks like what they do is change my title over to another state that it is legal to ride on street, reclassify it as a motorcycle or something, then I can swap that to a tag in my state. If my state won’t take it, I can just renew online yearly for whatever state it is titled in... Then just add turn signals, dot tires, side mirrors, and tag mount with light and I’m good... Supposedly..... What y’all think?

PM Me your email I’ll send you the SD forms.

I would call your local jurisdictions first they may not care if youre tagged or not.

Reactions: Fomocowboy
William

William

Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
Flowood MS
Ownership

1. 1000-5
PM Me your email I’ll send you the SD forms.

I would call your local jurisdictions first they may not care if youre tagged or not.
Mississippi sais if it is titled off-road it absolutely cannot be on the road. Therefore I have to retitle it to something else... I think... that’s where the dirt legal people say they come in. I will pm you.

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Mississippi sais if it is titled off-road it absolutely cannot be on the road. Therefore I have to retitle it to something else... I think... that’s where the dirt legal people say they come in. I will pm you.

Ahh Alabama doesn’t title them and has NO laws on the books telling them how.

I have one of the County Sheriff's business card and on the back his signature and cell #, I called him and asked and he said if a trooper ever stops me on a county road to tell them to call him it’s HIS county.

I am getting it tagged in SD I have all the required safety equipment for Alabama and he said be wearing a helmet since it would be considered a motor driven cycle.

Bradley-Thornton

Bradley-Thornton

Lifetime Member
Nov 6, 2017
Hattiesburg MS
Ownership

1. 1000-5

Well I did it I own the sis so it only cost me $500. Just got it in today but I was told I could drive on any road I could do the speed limit on.

IMG 5537

Bradley-Thornton

Bradley-Thornton

Lifetime Member
Nov 6, 2017
Hattiesburg MS
Ownership

1. 1000-5
South Dakota.

I did the same thing even filled out the paperwork and sent it to them. Dirtlegal must have a person on the inside because they got it done. I looked at it like buying my first tag they always cost a few $100

Reactions: russknight
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
I licensed one of my Pioneers in South Dakota and it was over $700.00
I licensed another Pioneer in Idaho and it was $25.00

russknight

russknight

Lifetime Member
Apr 13, 2019
Perry Florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-3
Mine was pretty cheap here. I wormed through an administrative loophole and got a Florida plate.

russknight

russknight

Lifetime Member
Apr 13, 2019
Perry Florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-3
If you can get it titled as a motorcycle in another state, you can get a Florida plate.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Idaho County.......

William

William

Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
Flowood MS
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have researched this thoroughly. Even though I could get a tag from South Dakota, it is still illegal to operate on the road in Mississippi. The title still sais off-road only. The only way to be legal is to have the title reclassified as a motorcycle, then get a Mississippi motorcycle tag. That is a fact... I gave up for now.

Reactions: BigOL3 and Mudwing
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
I have researched this thoroughly. Even though I could get a tag from South Dakota, it is still illegal to operate on the road in Mississippi. The title still sais off-road only. The only way to be legal is to have the title reclassified as a motorcycle, then get a Mississippi motorcycle tag. That is a fact... I gave up for now.
True, but some states honor it, and Yellowstone required it to ride the Pioneer through their park. I did so with a $25.00 Idaho tag.

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5

Some states don't title SxS so you can have them titled as a motorcycle in SD or Idaho and get a tag and insurance.
It is a so very tiny loophole but I am working on dotting all the "i's" and crossing all the "t's" for Alabama at the moment since there are literally only 2 Alabama Laws on the books mentioning a SxS or UTV one has to do with farm taxes the other has to do with dune erosion on the gulf coast due to tearing up the plants.

Not that I agree with additional taxes or fees, BUT the states are missing out on a revenue stream from SxS tags. I'm not saying allow them on interstates, although you can't say they don't offer enough protection because....motorcycles, the suspension just isn't designed for that use.

Reactions: William

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!