P500 Strong Made 252 front rack modifications - quick pivot?

Mat_l_1

Mat_l_1

Jul 10, 2024
Menomonie, WI
Ownership

1. 520
So I did a search and noticed a couple folks had queries on the front rack 252 - Front Basket Rack For Honda Pioneer 500 2015-2021 520 2021
Since it's already installed on the 'new to me 2022' - I was hoping to get into the hood - but this front rack design 'bolts' onto the mounts.

IDEALLY it would be modified the 4 nut & bolt bolt setup to have 3 quick disconnects and 1 pivot.. so I could swing it out of the way and open the hood.
I emailed Strong Made and they don't have anything like this.

Has anyone done or seen something like this -- or --- have some OTHER ideas on what would actually work?

AdjustedBasket

Reactions: Smittyp
SILVER_ALERT

SILVER_ALERT

HONDA SXS Club Flounder
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 6, 2016
Route 66 Oklahoma
Ownership

1. 500
So I did a search and noticed a couple folks had queries on the front rack 252 - Front Basket Rack For Honda Pioneer 500 2015-2021 520 2021
Since it's already installed on the 'new to me 2022' - I was hoping to get into the hood - but this front rack design 'bolts' onto the mounts.

IDEALLY it would be modified the 4 nut & bolt bolt setup to have 3 quick disconnects and 1 pivot.. so I could swing it out of the way and open the hood.
I emailed Strong Made and they don't have anything like this.

Has anyone done or seen something like this -- or --- have some OTHER ideas on what would actually work?

View attachment 439596
I am at a loss on how to make it work on the front, other than your idea. Perhaps you could replace the open rack on top with it. At least it would not be as apt to snag tree limbs. On the up side, you are gonna have a lot of fun whether you use it or not. :)

Reactions: Mat_l_1 and Smittyp